Interesting temp control thing happened.

Havoc340

I've been running these TI coils for about a week now and I noticed that I had to keep turning the temp up to get my warm vape. Im normally at about 400, and over the week I ended up at 500. Didn't change anything else. The resting ohms have been a consistent .13. Today I started having screen issues (crimped cable, my fault) and I unplugged the battery. When I plugged it back in to see if the screen came alive (it didn't) and fired it, it immediately had more power and dry hit. It seems like it reset something and gave me my power back. I did notice that it arced when I reconnected, but didn't do it again when I did it the second time after complete disassembly. I wish I had more info. It was gradual enough that i thought it was the coil going ( I'm new to TI and TC) I know I'm on the latest firmware that escribe had available a week ago. I'm just curious if there could be a reason for it. Also maybe if someone else is noticing a similar thing, they may be able to get data before the reconnect.

The resting resistance might have actually been changing but it will assume the resistance is the same based on the percentage set in escribe. It defaults to assuming a resistance fluctuation up to 25 percent is the same coil. And it won't change the resting resistance within that range I believe.

Ok. So before I get any deeper, I'm going to rebuild with a fresh ti build. Side question.. Is it typical that if you set the temp at say 400, reboot the device, it will then go to the profiles default? I never intentionally set it at 530, but that is where it's set. If i re set it at 400, then unplug all power, it re defaults to 530.

It saves the settings (temperature, power, all that stuff) from memory to flash as part of its power down sequence about an hour after you last use the device. If you disconnect before this has happened, you will lose your changes.

Not sure that's the ideal way to do it with swappable batteries, but that is how we do it at present. 

Ok cool. Something funky is going on for sure but I have no way to really diagnose it. I have tried different builds but in temp control the hit is just inconsistent. If i pull the tank off and reconnect it, it will not fire for a minute. In escribe if i capture the screen it just says temp protection. That's the only one I can ever capture.

Havoc340 said:

Ok cool. Something funky is going on for sure but I have no way to really diagnose it. I have tried different builds but in temp control the hit is just inconsistent. If i pull the tank off and reconnect it, it will not fire for a minute. In escribe if i capture the screen it just says temp protection. That's the only one I can ever capture.

It sounds like you have a resistance issue in your atomizer or in your atomizer wiring.  A few things I would do to get more information:
-use a piece of straight copper wire to create a near zero resistance bridge on your atomizer and then run atomizer analyzer to see what the rest of your atomizer looks like from a resistance perspective.  It could be a week 510 spring or a atomizer with an internal sprint that is part of the circuit.  I have one of the new GTS2 atomizers that I can't use on my 200 as it has a center pin that is not making contact with the metal in the atomizer unless it is firmly pressed.  It is firmly pressed in the reference designed 510 and works (a friend of mine has the reference mod) but on other available 510's it fails due to varying resistance.
-try another atomizer and compare results
-evaluate your coil build...is it a good TC coil?  Firm connection to the atomizer, no contact areas that would create hotspots and no way for the resistance to dramatically change under load.

I fixed it. Turns out it was an atty issue the whole time. I am using the zephyrus tank, and I didn't realize the pin was fully floating. I knew the tank was connecting at the 510, but didn't even think about the pin to coil side. Hopefully my headache can help someone else in this situation.