Temp mode not working

Bern18462

Bern if you use atomizer analyzer on a cold coil, what does it read? What does this coil read for resistance on other mods? 

350 is pretty low for most tanks, try it at 450 and see

It is clearly reading some change in resistance and it is reading a temperature, so either your cold ohms is wrong, or your juice doesn't do anything at 350, or the TCR curve for your material is wrong. 

Is this Nickel 200 wire or something else, like a titanium? 

What atomizer? 

Can you set device monitor up with just power, temperature, cold ohms and live ohms, and then hit the record button and post the CSV file of a couple puffs? It is detecting temperature control (or it would fire at your 25 watt setpoint rather than temperature limit low enough you aren't getting vapor) so this should be totally possible to diagnose. 

It reads .07 on everything I put it on .. I am using ni200 wire from protovape.... Atomizer is a mad hatter rda , doge rda , and a zephyrus rta... What's in the graph I believe that's all I have is power ... Cold ohms ,ohms amd temp but after I get off of work I'll try and post that file with the settings you need

Okay, I'm seeing 4 puffs, with a cold resistance of .092, a hot resistance of .162, which is 350 degrees or so, and 35ish watts of power. That all seems pretty normal.  What were you getting out of it for these four puffs?

i used the same coils as before when i STarted this thread and they were at .07 ohms and now all of a sudden there at .092 and it vapes???? idk what happen but i got some good vapor off of this one ... but it still dont recognize my ni200 wire i always have to change it  temp ...

• 4 weeks later...

"Help me Obi Wan Evolv. Your my only hope... " OK so temp mode has been awesome until a cpl days ago. Now I keep getting burnt/hot hit temp control not kicking in and throttling back wattage. I've tried different atty's with both NI and TI. I've turned on atomizer analyzer and wiggled the coils around it stays stable. When I turn on device monitor it don't show temp of last puff or anything. Firmware is updated. Tried Hard reboot. Any ideas????

I've had a perhaps related issue. When building a TC coil with a lower TCR than Ni200, and boosting the preheat to 200W and "Hard", the DNA 200 seemed to pop out of temp control. The temperature curve disappeared from Device Monitor, but I could still see the resistance increase as usual during the puff. 

I couldn't regain temperature control - and the temperature curve in Device Monitor - until I lowered the preheat.

The wire was 30ga Kanthal A1 twisted with 30ga Ni200. Something like this:
[CODE]"Temperature (degF)","Electrical Resistivity"

[/CODE]

When this occurs to me, it is typically atomizer resistance that has crept in (I start with a .23 coil, after time it reads .35 and vapes hot as can be).  I typically have to adjust the atomizer screw so that it makes "perfect" contact with the 510 (i.e. enough pressure to take up the thread slop in the atomizer center post).  As a rule (for me) I like to know what the coil should be, so if the chip starts displaying something off, then I can avoid the "boom" event of too much power because it things it has higher resistance to account for.  A good atomizer and a solid high pressure 510 solves most of these resistance migration issues.

I have one atomizer that works like a champ on the evolv 510, but can't be used on others.  There is just not enough pressure on it.