Fully Max FB900HP-3S

dsidab81

• 2 weeks later...
dsidab81 said:

when setting up this battery under Escripbe > Mod, are you guys using the published 10 or 10.5 Watt hours by fully max or the 8.8 that John mentioned previously?
Would leaving the soft cutoff at 3.09v be appropriate?

Personally I think you need to have 10 cycles of the battery before you should run the battery analyzer and then run it for your wh rating as each battery could be slightly different.  Make sure to remove cotton unless you plan on catching it on fire or wasting ejuice.  And make sure you fully charge battery then run it, it takes couple hours but will give a good accurate curve. I did it on my 950mah turnigy nano tech and it came in almost exactly as the calculated amount at 10.57 instead of the 10.54.  I am waiting on a  fullymax 900HP-3s to run in the same mod and if it runs just as good or better I am using it instead because it is slightly smaller and would fit better in my 1590a with more wiggle room. As it is, my 950 turnigy is extremely tight.

Partially it will depend on your settings. If you run it at something like 10 watts in battery analyzer, you will get more capacity than if you run it at 200, because some energy will be lost as heat in the battery and wires. 

It is a good idea to have the battery somewhat broken in before running battery analyzer. 

My most recent tests with the Fullymax have been in the 9.3 neighborhood, at a nice representative 60 watts of output power. 

John said:

Partially it will depend on your settings. If you run it at something like 10 watts in battery analyzer, you will get more capacity than if you run it at 200, because some energy will be lost as heat in the battery and wires. 

It is a good idea to have the battery somewhat broken in before running battery analyzer. 

My most recent tests with the Fullymax have been in the 9.3 neighborhood, at a nice representative 60 watts of output power. 

I ran my tests at 50 watts. So I should be running them higher then I guess to get a more accurate reading. Good to know.

Battery Analyzer considers the pack 'empty' when it can no longer sustain 5 watts.

Due to the Weak Battery feature, the DNA will "walk horizontally" to lower C levels on a traditional battery discharge curve when the battery is getting low (hits the soft cutoff voltage). The battery would have been finished had it kept demanding the same power level. By doing this we extract basically all the useful life the battery has to give.

So the difference due to chosen power level will be mostly losses due to internal resistance in the battery (and some heat dissipation in the fuse). I wouldn't sweat a 10 or 20 watt difference in the power level you choose for Battery Analyzer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...