DNA50/60/70?

letsavit

Maybe a mod builder/company could just use a very small three cell lipo and program in a lower max power (which can be done anyways).   
  Evolv could go the way of GPU manufactures and use a common board and just de-tune the chip.   I am sure Evolv is not interested in making a completely new board.
  Personally, I think just using a small form factor lipo and setting the max wattage down would be fine.   How long would the battery last at lets say, a 500mAh lipo at 60 watts?

I think it is the desire is partly to get the use out of the stacks of 18650 IMRs we all have, I know they are handy for me going camping miles away form power sources for over a week and have 30 with enough CDC to run the DNA40. But I have 2 power banks the each take 18650 so not all is lost.

I'd be happy with a DNA40 that works with Escribe. I sold off one DNA40 I built just because I have 2 DNA200 chips and plan on buying a Vaporshark DNA200 when it's available. I don't vape more than 30w and usually 20w with Ni200 and 24w on my drippers with .75? dual kanthal coils. I'm down to only 5 DNA40 mods :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, please make a smaller board that runs from a single cell, but includes most the software features of the 200.    

50 watts will satisfy 90+ percent of vapers for a long time to come, and more than a few of us would like to build a reasonably sized squonk mod, something that the current DNA200 form factor doesn't lend itself to very readily. 

• 2 months later...