Bandgap out of range-1.1V-possible hardware problem.

Hi everyone. As you know I received a severly discharged lipo and am having some issues. Gearbest surpisingly have agreed to send me a new Li-PO in housing though, and I can keep the one I have, so can put a good battery in this one and have two!

Thing it, under tools I tried to run production utility-to update the firmware, upload settings, test fire, and check the battery more. 

Thing is, it updates the firmware, then the settings, but then Excribe goes red and says "Bandap out of range-1.1V-possible hardware issue".

Now, I am worrying it is more than the Li-Po, but I am sure it is just the dodgy lipo causing this. 

I need to also ask-what is the bandgap? 

Thank you all for your help, you really are helping me out. The batteries were balanced to 3.77 volts a cell when I tried to perform the test-so the battery was not imbalanced, they was at this voltage as it said to perform the test at 1/4 to 1/2 full. 

Is it possible that due to having the WH setting set to 9, and not 9.9 as it should be, this is causing the error?

Anyone that can answer will be very helpful, as I am now worried it is not the battery after all-and is the chip. 

But I am 99.9% certain it IS the battery. 

Thanks everyone, Conan. 

OK it is the battery-I changed the setting from mximum 0.2 difference to 0.5, and it worked and escribe turned green. 

Worry over, just got to wait for the bloomin Li-po from China.

I just want to make sure-as the battery was balanced and I am still getting the error, it is the Li-Po at fault still yes? As I don't want to receive another battery, then find out it wasn'y the Li-Po. 

I have a 20C battery I can put in quickly to test if it is or isn't-could I test that quickly at very low wattage with kanthal to see if I get the error?

I am not sure what bandgap is, but if you go into escribe, then click on help, then about escribe 
then click on the evolv logo 7 times.

this will put you into a debug mode.

when you open device monitor,screen disconnects sample ohms, sample temp
and bandgap are displayed.

again i know not the usefulness of any of these but i know how to find them!

VapingBad said:

I should be near a volt, it is a reference voltage in the circuit and if it is too far out will affect the accuracy form what I glean 50 mV out is acceptable.

So it was due to the dodgy battery then?
I tried another LI-PO, just connected the balance lead and the negative and positive right up with electrical tape-it was an old Li-Po, but it would fire at low wattage, so I know it is the batteries now, not the fuse. I was glad it wasn't the fuse blown, I was scared of that. 

I have to wait for up to a MONTH for the free battery to come-I think I am getting a turniguy Lipo and going to use that for now, 850MAH 45C-90C, and I can afford it, so at least I will be able to use my device. 

If it doesn't work with a new battery-it's the actual DNA setup itself. 

I would then have to wait for gearbest to change it, and being my most expensive mod it is quite annoying. At least I have 12 others to use to pass the time lol!

Conanthewarrior said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]I should be near a volt, it is a reference voltage in the circuit and if it is too far out will affect the accuracy form what I glean 50 mV out is acceptable.

So it was due to the dodgy battery then?
I tried another LI-PO, just connected the balance lead and the negative and positive right up with electrical tape-it was an old Li-Po, but it would fire at low wattage, so I know it is the batteries now, not the fuse. I was glad it wasn't the fuse blown, I was scared of that. 

I have to wait for up to a MONTH for the free battery to come-I think I am getting a turniguy Lipo and going to use that for now, 850MAH 45C-90C, and I can afford it, so at least I will be able to use my device. 

If it doesn't work with a new battery-it's the actual DNA setup itself. 

I would then have to wait for gearbest to change it, and being my most expensive mod it is quite annoying. At least I have 12 others to use to pass the time lol![/QUOTE]

I couldn't say if the battery affects it, but I would not be surprised if it did when it was very very low.

I really hope it isn't an issue with the bandgap-as I payed £28 pounds today from fasttech for a real hotcig battery. 

I have a turniguy Li-Po that should be turning up tomorrow-but its too big for the housing, I measured wrong. 

So, I will be able to hopefully get it going tomorrow, or the latest wednesday with that and a housing holding the battery made of lots of electrical tape to the mod-this will be for a few weeks until I receive the actual hot cig battery. 

If it turns out it IS the bandgap (which I don't know what that actually is) I will be upset, as I have spent over £120 now on this device-I could of bought one from the UK for that and had much less issues. 

Lets hope it was the dodgy battery causing the bandgap to be out. What is the bandgap in laymans terms?