Replacement board has now died

Havensal

My original board lasted just over a month.  Just stopped working mid vape.  Completely dead.  I rebuilt the mod with the replacement just under a month ago.  I was vaping on it yesterday and heard a pop.  Now this board is completely dead.  I haven't pulled the board yet to see if I can find the failed component.

This is so frustrating.  I love the board, but I cant afford to be tearing it apart and shipping the board back every month.  It's not like I was running 200W, it was a single 28Ga TI coil in an Erlkönigin.  I have already submitted a support ticket, I just need to vent a bit.

Some people will try to protect Evolv saying that this is because the assembly is the problem ... but i agree, i also got one dead dna200.
You just have to search inside this forum to see that there is a lot of problems with the dna200 for now.
I got a lot of box and this is the first time a chipset is dead after one week :-/

For sure Evolv are working on this problem right now, but they dont want to admit ...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, replacement board #2 just died.  I went for a quick vape at lunch and it worked fine for a couple of hits and then nothing but the unmistakable smell of the magic smoke leaving a component on the board.  I took the battery out just to be safe but before I did there was nothing on the screen and no response to any button press.  I sure hope this trend doesn't continue.  The first board just quit, vape... Vape... Nothing.  The first replacement let out a pop when it died.  I hope the next one doesn't go up in a ball of flames.  I'll have to inspect the board when I get home and see if anything sticks out as a cause.