Lavabox DNA 200 Properly Configured?

legendwrecker

for the battery capacity you want to set it to 9.99 Wh. the cell soft cutoff is 3.09V. after you have that set run the battery analyzer and case analyzer. just follow the directions that are shown. 

the one field which is under debate is the mod resistance. at one place volcano is saying it should be set to 0.02. in another they have said 0.007 (which is in line with the vaporshark). some people have tested it themselves at 0.02 and others have tested it themselves at 0.007. there are a few ways you can test your own mod (do any of these tests with the mod resistance set to 0):
1- have a threaded brass or copper pin which you short out the 510 connection with
2- have a non threaded brass or copper pin which fit in the 510 as snugly as possible and shorts the device
3- use an ohmmeter to measure the resistance of a build and compare that to what the DNA200 is reading. the difference is your mod resistance. 
4- get a RDA deck (dual coil at least ideally) and short the posts with the thickest copper wire you can fit in the holes. the resistance you read is your mod resistance. 

without a doubt #1 will give you the best result. depending on the overall fit of #2 will influence that methods reliability. #3 will increase in accuracy the better the ohmmeter you use. a high quality multimeter or oscilloscope will give you the best readings. #4 will be measuring the resistance of the deck as well as the mod resistance so there is more uncertainty. in any case i would not ever recommend setting the value to anything over 0.02 as this is quite high to begin with and immediately caused a knee jerk reaction when we first saw it. personally if you dont want to or arent able to test yourself a fairly safe value is 0.007 which is around what most DNA200 devices have their internal resistance set to. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jjmlman said:

So if i set my mod resistance to 0.007 the battery wh at 9.99 and the cell soft cutoff to 3.06 i will be good to go and most off safe correct

Yes, put those numbers in there, and even if you never run any of the analyzers, it will be one of the best vapes you've ever had.

I've noticed with my Lavabox running a Crown .25ss dual coil, its reading high ohms at .33, now when I screw this tank onto my MVP pro 3 it reads correct at .25ohms.

Back on the Lavabox the vapour is very hot, i've just knocked it down to 44watts which seems very low for this coil and the vape is still pretty warm.

Any suggestions?

i would screw it on another couple of mods or ohmmeters to see what those spit out. it could be that your mod resistance is just huge. if everywhere you test it the lavabox is constantly reading high by the same amount (in this case 0.08, which is a lot), than take 80% of that value and use that as your mod resistance (assuming that it is currently set to 0). 

i do have to say that 0.08ohm would be huge for the mod resistance though. some people are reporting 0.02, which is still large compared to readings of 0.007-0.008 that others are seeing. this is why mod makers need to realize that the mod resistance is incredibly important and needs to be tested for EACH AND EVERY mod. a standardized value will not do. 

i dont trust that mod resistance in the slightest. it honestly feel like they just copied it from the vaporshark instead of testing it themselves. someone on here i believe is making some brass shorting pins which i would be very interested in purchasing (depending on the price and shipping). there have been quite a few people who have had quite a large swing in mod resistance on their DNA devices. for reliable TC it is 100% necessary for each mod to be tested individually. 

thanks a lot for the link though. i will see what they update in there. honestly though, im only interested in the mod resistance anyways. the only two other things (battery and case thermals) we can run the tests for easily on our own. 

so i had in interesting exchange with them over twitter. they tweeted that there was the ecig file for the DNA....

Me: "what method did you use to determine the mod resistance of 0.007 ohm?"
Them: "we had a little help from the folks at evolv"
Me: "evolv cant help you with that. only testing your mod yourself with a short will."
Them: "we obtained out testing method from evolv and came to our answer"

..... so they did no testing at all and probably just copied it from vaporshark or the evolv reference model. what they needed to do was test a decent number of lavaboxes to determine the variance and then calculate an amount representative of the average while still being conservative enough to not cause issues with outliers. they did no work at all to set this device up correctly. none at all. its at least good that we are able to do their work for them using the escribe software. great work on the chip and software evolv. terrible implementation by volcano. 

...and the 3.66v LVC that they recommend is silly.

But, guys, on the mod resistance...  If you have, say, a mech mod with a copper pin, you can use that to get a pretty good reading on your mod resistance. No doubt, a threaded copper plug would be better, but it will still get you pretty close. Just pull the pin out of your mech mod and insert it into the 510 connector. press it down with something non-conductive so it makes good contact with the positive and negative surfaces of your 510 connector. Move it around a little until you get a steady reading. That's all there is to it. Mine came in at 0.007 ohms as you can see in the pics below.

[image] 
[image] 
[image] 
[image] 
[image]