Koopor Plus can adjust TCR down to 0.000x but not DNA200?

jj6404

So I just watched a review on the Koopor Plus 200 watt temp control device by Koopor or Smok or whatever and it's a cheap (under $100?) dual 18650 device that isn't truly upgradeable but it comes pre-programmed with Ni, Ti, AND SS modes that lets you adjust the TCR for each on the device itself and as I said in the title more importantly lets you adjust the TCR down to the ten thousandths which as far as I'm aware the escribe software does not. Why am I limited to 0.001 on such an advanced board like the DNA200 but on this cheaper Chinese board am I able to properly adjust between 0.0094 and 0.00105 for different grades of SS. BTW the review I watched was by DJLSB Vapes who has the equipment to measure temp control accuracy and boasts an overall impressive accuracy with the Koopor Plus.

Huh? That doesn't make sense. First of all mod resistance has not shown to have any major effect on temp control... The VT200 has a mod resistance of 0.0045. And all that number does is ever so slightly make your builds resistance more accurate. Secondly, that minor effect pales in comparison to a change of the same value in the TCR of a material. It can literally cause your temp to be 50 degrees off or more.

Why do you think that you are limited to thousandths? I can input TCR values with far more digits than only n.nnn, including your value of 0.00105. (Entering an invalid value returns the warning that the limits are set between 0.0008 - 0.0100)

Did you find somewhere in the manual or the spec's that only thousandths are used by the DNA200 in measurements and calculations or are you just assuming this because Escribe displays some values in hundredths or thousandths in the graphs.

Bobby said:

Why do you think that you are limited to thousandths? I can input TCR values with far more digits than only n.nnn, including your value of 0.00105. (Entering an invalid value returns the warning that the limits are set between 0.0008 - 0.0100)

Did you find somewhere in the manual or the spec's that only thousandths are used by the DNA200 in measurements and calculations or are you just assuming this because Escribe displays some values in hundredths or thousandths in the graphs?

Looking at values in the csv-file, I see eg. 0.620729625225067 (but is displayed as 0.62 in the material profile graph). This is why I assume that the DNA board is using a much higher resolutions than you think.

Between 0.0008 and 0.0100?? When I try to enter 0.00094 for SS316L, Escribe tells me that the minimum value I can enter is 0.001...

jj6404 said:

[QUOTE=Bobby]Why do you think that you are limited to thousandths? I can input TCR values with far more digits than only n.nnn, including your value of 0.00105. (Entering an invalid value returns the warning that the limits are set between 0.0008 - 0.0100)

Did you find somewhere in the manual or the spec's that only thousandths are used by the DNA200 in measurements and calculations or are you just assuming this because Escribe displays some values in hundredths or thousandths in the graphs?

Looking at values in the csv-file, I see eg. 0.620729625225067 (but is displayed as 0.62 in the material profile graph). This is why I assume that the DNA board is using a much higher resolutions than you think.

Between 0.0008 and 0.0100?? When I try to enter 0.00094 for SS316L, Escribe tells me that the minimum value I can enter is 0.001...[/QUOTE]

I have Escribe version 1.0.35 and I get this:
[72nOw2h]

To put it quite simply, just because the Smok lets you input such a precise value, doesn't mean it's actually going to make any kind of real difference. Once you're at that kind of range your temp sensing is already pretty wildly inaccurate, because the resistance changes are simply too small. 

For SS in particular, I've basically found it best used as simple dry hit/dry wick protection. Don't try to "vape it at a temperature", rather just use the temp protection as intended and use your wattage setting to control the vape.