TC on all kind of wires

flem

We are with the DNA 200 working with the most advanced TC chip and the a Chinese company comes with a new TC mod and claims it can handle all kinds of wires in TC mode and it can even tell you how much e liquid you have left in your tank - .

If I remember right I think they made another Mod claiming the same thing with the wires, but Google this and have a look -  ijoy solo mini.

I can't see how it would be possible to monitor the temperature of a kanthal or nichrome coil without using an external sensor.  Temperature is monitored by the resistance change caused by heating and both of those wire types have, basically, linear resistance over a very broad range of temperatures.  The only other "dodge" would be a very high resolution method of resistance measurement which would, undoubtedly, be extremely expensive and complex.

Maybe they've found a way to suspend, or circumvent, the laws of physics but I seriously doubt it.

I have an Asolo as well as a DNA 200. The Asolo does NOT regulate temperature in any way near the same sense that the DNA does... Just watch P.Busardo's review of it. It does something they call "taste control" with kanthal. You have to vape it at your desired wattage level, sometimes for like an hour (a spaced kanthal coil btw, does not really work with contact anything). The chip learns how you vape. So when you switch over to "taste control mode" after vaping it a while, it attempts to cut the vape when your coil is about dry. If you watch any of the reviews, and listen to my personal experience, you'll see that it only works some of the time. I'll even say it works most of the time. But it's not temperature control, or even temperature limiting, it's dry hit protection.

The technology is still cool, I admit, and I like my Asolo. The bad thing about the mod is that I suspect the actual Ni and Ti temp control modes that it has uses the same technology. Because if you use one, or watch P.Busardo's review, you'll notice that you ALSO have to vape an Ni or Ti coil for a few times in POWER MODE before you switch over to temp control for it to work. Not very safe. I remember first time I used it was the first time I was using Ti wire and since I wanted to vape it in temp control at around 65 watts, I was vaping my builds at 65 watts in POWER MODE first to get it to "learn" and I ruined a bunch of builds getting hot legs that way.

Dampmaskin said:

The Asolo you mean? Yes, I remember they claimed all sorts of stuff. Making claims is the easy part. I have yet to see a good explanation of what this mod actually does. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough.

No this is a new 75watt Mod which they also claim can meassure how much juice you have left in you tank

flem said:

[QUOTE=Dampmaskin]The Asolo you mean? Yes, I remember they claimed all sorts of stuff. Making claims is the easy part. I have yet to see a good explanation of what this mod actually does. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough.

No this is a new 75watt Mod which they also claim can meassure how much juice you have left in you tank[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's the same effing thing. I've been following iJoy and the Asolo for a while. The new 75 watt is the mini version of their iJoy Asolo. That's why it's called the Asolo mini. It's the same tech. It doesn't "tell you how much juice is left". Like I said, the "taste control" learns when your wicks are drying (which is what they mean when they say how much juice is left). Go ahead and get one and try it if you don't want to believe anybody. The technology is unique and promising, but it's definitely not all it's cracked up to be, and it's definitely not a DNA 200. The original Asolo 200 doesn't even really go up to 200 watts. P.Busardo proved that. But go ahead, get one, and tell us how great your "temp control" is working on Kanthal. If you read their instruction book or follow them on Instagram, you'll see that they keep changing their claims between "taste control on all wires!" and "taste control on most wires!". It's a guessing technology that has like a 66% success rate.