definitive answer on the dna 40 big screen "screen scramble, scrolling"?

Spector NS5 RD

So I have two Hana One mods dna40's. One is two months old and the other I got yesterday. The new one has the screen problem. Not all the time but enough to where I notice it. It seems to happen when you first fire it and the preheat goes from around 8-19-40 approx in between 19-40 it does it. Those numbers are only for a range difference as its different every time. One time the whole screen scrambled but most of the time its the ohm reading and the W after the wattage number. I found it kinda funny and it I dont care as long as it is intermittent and does not effect how it is working.

fix BATT- connections and make sure they are tight/firm:

example:
if your mod use battery cap, make sure it is firm and tight.
if B- is soldered to a frame (eg: C frame), make sure the solder-joint on the frame is fixated, it might looks ok but actually you can test if they are really soldered nicely by hitting the joint and see if they will knock out easily.
same goes with B- soldering on the DNA40 board, check the solder-joint on the pin is done nicely.

miskol said:

fix BATT- connections and make sure they are tight/firm:

example:
if your mod use battery cap, make sure it is firm and tight.
if B- is soldered to a frame (eg: C frame), make sure the solder-joint on the frame is fixated, it might looks ok but actually you can test if they are really soldered nicely by hitting the joint and see if they will knock out easily.
same goes with B- soldering on the DNA40 board, check the solder-joint on the pin is done nicely.

im almost positive that has nothing to do with it. this would even happen on the vaporshark dna 40 where the battery is directly soldered to the board. im guessing its just a poor board layout. components being to close together causing interference with the screen commands. i just thought somebody would have an answer. oh well......