Wismec Reuleaux Case Analyzer Results

Kahless

What is the purpose of this input? I have 2 dna mods. The reuleaux and a boxer type dual 18650 that I built myself. My reuleaux hits temp way faster without making nearly the same vapor and overall doesn't hit as hard with the exact same csv file for stainless 316l wire. Using a 24ga dual coil. 10 wrap on 2.4mm for about .210 ohms. In my cthulhu v2 rta . Boxer style performs like a champ so I'm going through trouble shooting mode now to see what is causing the major difference.

Jvape78 said:

What is the purpose of this input? I have 2 dna mods. The reuleaux and a boxer type dual 18650 that I built myself. My reuleaux hits temp way faster without making nearly the same vapor and overall doesn't hit as hard with the exact same csv file for stainless 316l wire. Using a 24ga dual coil. 10 wrap on 2.4mm for about .210 ohms. In my cthulhu v2 rta . Boxer style performs like a champ so I'm going through trouble shooting mode now to see what is causing the major difference.

You should definitely run the case analyzer and battery analyzer on escribe if you haven't already. And also find you mod resistance value. This will help.

Unless you have lowered the max preheat temp the Reuleaux would probably hit temp more quickly to since it can do 200 watts and the Boxer only does 133. So like I said unless you lowered the default values I'd say that makes sense but I don't know all the details involved on these 2 comparisons that may be different. Post more info such as if your builds and atty are the same. If both mods settings and mod resistance are set or changed. Some screen shots of device monitor with 5th appropriate boxes checked

Ok, I just got a Reuleoux and this is my first DNA device. Been reading and reading here trying to learn all that this thing can do. OMG, I'm amazed. What does this case and battery analyzer do? And for the battery analyzer, do I just attach something like an rda without coils while it drains the battery?

My Results. I ran this test twice a few days apart from about 25% battery remaining, The first time I ran it I left the Reuleaux setting flat, up right on the desk (bottom air holes blocked) and the second time I ran it I propped the mod front up on my mouse pad so airflow could enter the bottom air holes. I didn't do a screen capture of the first run however charge temperature rise and Degrees F/A were significantly higher. Attached below is a screen print of my second run. I've always believed "Cooler is Better" when it involves electrical components so I now charge with the mod vertical and the bottom airflow holes exposed.

I'm betting the differences we are seeing between each other is caused by a combination of different initial ambient room temperature, battery temperature and the board temperature. Mine was still hot from vaping few minutes previously.  Also how well the dna board transfers heat to the metal of the case to dissipate. My actual room temperature for both runs was a little under 70F.  I wonder if a little thermal compound  between the board mount pads and the case or enlarged airflow holes would help? I might try that someday <grin>  I'm also interested in what my results would be in I set the mod inverted (upside down) with the atty removed so air could enter the side air holes and exit out the bottom air holes facing up? Plan on trying that soon myself. What I think I want to see is a low Case USB Temperature Rise and a low F/A value. Does anyone know what the heating and cooling constants represent?
   case.jpg