has anyone replaced the VT200 Battery?

R2dTOO

fcreeves said:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Replacement-Battery-Pack-for-HCigar-VT200-Mod-p/hcvt2100.htm  for $19.95

I have not purchased from these guys since the protank and aga-t days.

Note:  Just got my vt200 today.  Still tuning it all.

I buy Mr Goodvape Creamscicle liquid from these guys regularly.  They are the only place i can find that sells 30 ml bottles, cheap too.  Be sure to set your Battery to 11.1Wh  in the mod tab on your escribe.  It is a 1000Mah battery (in case you have not been reading previous posts)

I purchased the new version of the vt200 with the ss gold plated 510 hooked up to escribe and the wh was already set to 12.21wh. I've been vaping it at 100w right down to 15% battery with no weak battery screen. Could they have changed to a better battery? It confused me as I saw people saying to set it to either 11.1wh or 14.43 wh?

fich said:

I purchased the new version of the vt200 with the ss gold plated 510 hooked up to escribe and the wh was already set to 12.21wh. I've been vaping it at 100w right down to 15% battery with no weak battery screen. Could they have changed to a better battery? It confused me as I saw people saying to set it to either 11.1wh or 14.43 wh?

I know what your saying, its advertised as a 1300mah battery, but users have tested it with the escribe software and it is a 1000mah battery.  Makes sense because it is 30% smaller than any other battery that is truly 1300mah.  My turnigy 1250mah 30-60c is 20x30x90mm  this thing is 20x30x68mm. Hcigar lies, are you surprised?  I bet they are getting alot of purchasers that are making their decision on the inflated battery rating.  also pbly not 30-60c as it is wired with 18guage power wires, only 25c and below are typically wired with 18guage.  so 11.1Wh is the setting you want, they are making a small admission of their lie by setting it to 12.2 in the escribe.  Your battery weak sign should kick in when the batt hits 0%, not 15%

Thanks for the info mate. I've not got the battery weak screen at 15% it's just where I've been letting it get to before charging. I'll take it right down to 0 and see what happens. Tbh the battery life doesn't bother me. My sig 150 won't let me fire 100w when the battery is below 50% so there's not a lot in it for me. I'm still happy with the device. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm the Turnigy nano-tech 1300mAh 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack can fit with modification. This is how to make it fit. Start by removing the four number 8 torx screws on battery cover and separate. Remove Hcigar battery carefully so not to damage the balance plug on the DNA200 board. Cut the main power xt30 plug off of the Hcigar battery one inch from the battery. Cut the power xt60 plug off of the Turnigy battery close to the plug. Solder xt30 plug to Turnigy battery and cover solder joints with heat shrink. The inside of the battery compartment is .825 and the Turnigy is .925 inches thick so this is where things get messy. Dremel out the inside of the battery compartment removing half of it's thickness on both sides. Do the same thing to the chip side of the battery compartment. Plug in the Turnigy battery running the wires the same as the factory battery with the xt30 plug in the curved area of the battery compartment. Reinstall cover and the four torx screws. I now have what I thought I bought a month ago...

TheRedBaron said:

I can confirm the Turnigy nano-tech 1300mAh 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack can fit with modification. This is how to make it fit. Start by removing the four number 8 torx screws on battery cover and separate. Remove Hcigar battery carefully so not to damage the balance plug on the DNA200 board. Cut the main power xt30 plug off of the Hcigar battery one inch from the battery. Cut the power xt60 plug off of the Turnigy battery close to the plug. Solder xt30 plug to Turnigy battery and cover solder joints with heat shrink. The inside of the battery compartment is .825 and the Turnigy is .925 inches thick so this is where things get messy. Dremel out the inside of the battery compartment removing half of it's thickness on both sides. Do the same thing to the chip side of the battery compartment. Plug in the Turnigy battery running the wires the same as the factory battery with the xt30 plug in the curved area of the battery compartment. Reinstall cover and the four torx screws. I now have what I thought I bought a month ago...

Could you link the exact battery you used please.

I bought mine through Amazon but Hobby King has them too. http://www.amazon.com/Turnigy-nano-tech-1300mah-25~50C-Lipo/dp/B00QUQ1CVO/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1446967501&sr=1-1&keywords=Turnigy+nano-tech+1300mah+3S+25~50C+Lipo+Pack http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11903__Turnigy_nano_tech_1300mah_3S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack.html

That got torn up and eventually torn off during the test fitting proses. I didn't notice it helping much. There is a step on the mating side edges of the box. Plan on shaving out material all the way to that step. Once that gets paper thin it will fold over and break off. Don't bother with the Dremel sanding drums, they don't last long. go straight to a cutting tool. that would have saved me a lot of time. I should mention I noticed today the mod feels significantly heavier now. The mod used to look heavy but was light. Now, looks and feels heavy. This battery really fills up a lot of the wasted space inside. If it was one millimeter thicker like the 45c or 60c 1300mah Turnigy batteries I would have just cut the side of the box out the slightly smaller then the size of the battery. Definitely would have been faster.

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced the battery in my Hcigar VT200, but it didn't help. After replacing the battery I thought it was fixed. It would now come out of sleep and escribe recognized the mod. But, when I watched the charging, it soon starting discharging the battery. It eventually killed that battery as well. 

TheRedBaron said:

I was wondering if anyone has tried this one? 1850mah capacity 3S 11.1 volts True 100C rating Lifetime warranty 5C fast charge capable 100% waterproof Built today with factory fresh cells Built with genuine 16awg Deans Ultra wire 86mm x 35mm x 20mm, 124g http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.php?prod=Lipo-1850-111-Pack#

call me a hypocrite,  I used this max-amps battery in a fdv "big-g" enclosure.  The battery seems to get nearly double the time over the 1250 turnigys i have.  Also the company sent a handwritten thank you note featuring their award(?) Who does that anymore? Pretty amazing service, the battery works great.  Lifetime warranty... I wont ever use the amps this pack is capable of, but I vape 6-10 ml a day and this battery will go 3+ days without needing a charge. Just wish they used silicone wire on the balance plug too.