Auto switching materials

Maybe a silly question which is already answered somewhere....

Is the device capable of automatically switching materials? If I have entered the required data for titanium (or others) in one profile, can the device detect which material is being used regardless of the profile selected? Or, can only one material be used per profile?

If I select a profile that has been setup for Ni200 and use an atomizer with TI, what happens? Does the device realize the material being used and utilize the curve data for the TI? Does it ignore it? Does it use the curve data for Ni200?

It seems as though the device can detect whether the material being used is kanthal or not so, as long as the TCR is present for other materials, it should be able to detect which one is present and adjust appropriately. 

Can anyone confirm?

dont try it!

each one has a different curve and expects different reactions when the button is pressed, i just mistakenly put a ss coil dripper on and forgot to change it from nickel i took my usual lung hit and felt the coil/wick/liquid ignite as i was doing it! 10 minutes of coughing later i got back to normal

only use the coil materials with the correct profile!!!!!!!!

the dna200 does NOT automatically detect the type of materials

auto detecting different wire curves is not possible because it can only measure one variable, which is resistance. it can detect a variable temp wire vs kanthal simply by seeing the very quick rise in resistance, but it has no way of correlating the rise compared to actual temperature, which is why you have to input the correct curve

doubtful. the only way to accurately predict a curve would be to be able to sense the actual temperature, but if this was possible then it would void the whole reason for a predictive curve in the first place, so really there is no practical way to auto sense the wire curve with the current way temp control is implimented

• 1 month later...

Very good if it was like this: We have several coils. Each owl has a resistance. Each profile for their coils. If I is a tank with coil resistance of 0.3 is aware of this in advance, the fee may include a profile automatically. In this profile, the material will already setup. If I put another coil resistance included a different profile. The board ask: Switch profile?

Sorry if it is unclear translated Google translator.

Well... I'm not a technician or a programmer, but theoretically, the chip could detect an unexpected too fast or too slow rise of resistance for the applied voltage and enter in "safe mode", no? That way we could minimize a huge dry hit :)
That could require a more sophisticated chip and more programming...

One feature that i think could be achieved just by firmware, could be some safety regarding to sudden resistance changes while voltage is applied, to prevent giving more volts than required. I Had some bad dry hits already because of that. Once that all was well cleaned (510 and tank) did not happened again :)

It couldn't do too fast/slow change as these can vary between coils size and coil count so much it would not be possible to hava settings that worked for everything.

Protection for over powering on sudden resistance change is inbuilt, but it has become a trend to set the wattage way above what people actually vape at and just use the temp limit to control the vape.   The board has real-time wattage regulation and will not exceed the watts you set it for regardless of resistance change.

VapingBad said:

It couldn't do too fast/slow change as these can vary between coils size and coil count so much it would not be possible to have settings that worked for everything.

Protection for over powering on sudden resistance change is inbuilt, but it has become a trend to set the wattage way above what people actually vape at and just use the temp limit to control the vape.   The board has real-time wattage regulation and will not exceed the watts you set it for regardless of resistance change.

You're right - too much variables... But we never know - Some day we may get there :)

About "the trend", now i realize that in the last days i've been using the watts more wisely, instead of just put 150w "because the temp control will solve it" :D

It's a bit like having speed limiter in a car set to 50 and then always be with foot down because the limiter will take care of that. We surely can do it, but what for? :D