anyone care to share the vt200's case analyzer results?

Spector NS5 RD

I have it set to 14.43.  I know some have run the Battery Test and have reported results of 9-11 Wh.   I tell you honestly I do not know what is correct and what is not.   What I do know is that if I am vaping at like 40-50W during the day only using my VT200 I can get 16 hrs out of it.   Sometimes I vape higher wattages about 65-75 although on some occasions I will got over 100 so with mixed wattage settings during the day just using the VT200 I got 13 hours out it.

I was happy with the results I got then I resumed vaping multiple mods during the day I always have 2 with me sometimes 3 on my person just to change things up.   While I like the VT200 I am more interested in the Reuleaux so once those are available I will get that and the VT200 will still get used but if I want to vape something at really high wattages I do not want to worry about battery life and with the Reuleaux you can easily swap out the 3 18650's and do as you please where as with the VT200 your really limited because lets face it if you vape this thing at 150W or Higher its going to die quickly.

Hope this makes sense.  I do chain vape and while I can be happy at lower wattages there are times when I want to vape for a period of time at the higher wattages and that's where I worry most with the VT200 battery life.

Honestly I can't say that I did.    Any difference there might be now I would probably not even notice because I am back to rotating mods where as before I was just vaping on the HCigar VT200 exclusively to see what it would do, how far I could push it so I would better understand its strengths and weaknesses.

• 1 month later...

This is what DJLsb posted on his site for Hcigar VT200 case thermals;

Mod resistance 0.022

As you can see they are quite different from those posted above. 

Every set of numbers I have seen is different. Tried running the utility myself and finally had to bail after 3 or 4 hours, going to give it another try when I have more time.

I'm running those numbers there now, and it works. Optimally?..hell if I know.

It takes several hours to run the case thermal test.  I am certain that results will vary based on the ambient air conditions but this of course is speculation on my part.   For example when I did mine the central AC was so when the HVAC system turned on I would think it may have impacted the results.

I just ran the case analyzer for the second time on my new VT200. Once yesterday and once today. Details below. Silver VT200, serial 10545 (supposedly has the gold plated 510) with the original battery that's gone thru about 3 cycles.

-Room temp at 67F and held within .5 degrees throughout duration of test.
-Very slight cross draft at about .5 ft/sec -Mod standing upright on plastic Lego blocks to allow air into bottom case vents.
-Mod had a stainless Velocity RDA (used, woth dual coils and juice in it) installed throughout duration of test.
-Battery charge level at beginning: 40%

Test duration was 4.5 hours

1st test result:
Cooling: 454.15
Heating: 1232.73
USB: 6.37
F/A: 15.61

Second test was the same except there was no Atty installed and there was a slightly greater down draft from a ceiling fan.

2nd test result:
Cooling: 498.72
Heating: 1283.26
USB: 6.78
F/A: 19.91

Pic of the test in progress attached

As a side note: I set the mod resistance to 0 as it reported incorrect Atty resistance if I used the values found around the internet. I measured the atty myself using a Fluke multimeter. Mod reporting now matches. Battery test underway now.

Follow-up on mod resistance...I threaded a copper slug and ran the atty analyzer again.  It reported .004 Ohms.  I've read people advising to use between 50-80% of the reported value, so I went ahead and plugged in .002 as the mod resistance. It didn't make much, if any, difference.  Just reporting my measurement results.

IMG_20151216_180911.jpg

Battery test finished. Took about 45 minutes. I took a couple junk coils I had laying around and put them in an empty big block build deck to act as the resistor. Two wasnt enough but three was way more than enough. They got hot but didn't glow during continuous 40W test fires. The test pulses the coils. On for 10 seconds. Off for 20. I believe this continues until the weak cell drops to the programmed cutoff voltage. In my case this was 3.09V. The pack has one cell that diverged quickly as voltage approached 3.3V or so. The other two cells never dropped below 3.2 before the test concluded. Result: 9.07 Wh I'll probably run it again every day for a couple days to see if the battery pack improves after a few more cycles. Pic of Atty "resistor" attached. I think the coils were about 26ga kanthal and measured 2.46 ohm each. I had a ceiling fan blowing to keep things cool.

IMG_20151216_184057.jpg