Lipo battery charging

ivanchin

Hi there, i just picked up my efusion by Lost Vape last 2 weeks. I went through the instructions manual and it recommends to charge not more than 4.2v. Hence, I use my pc to charge it but its taking too much time to charge it. Currently Im using my iphone adapter which its output it 5.0v / 1A. Is it ok to charge it this way or i have to charge it through my pc?

1A is maximum Input for the DNA 200 board so as long as your iPhone USB is at least 1A that's the fastest the LiPo will charge. In comparison, most PC's USB's are limited 0.5A which will take twice as long to charge. For clarification, even if your iPhone or any USB is 2A only 1A will be drawn by the DNA 200 board, the standard is 5V for charging with a 4.2V limit per cell through the Balancer, and BTW your PC can provide up to the same 5V as a USB Charger. 

I was looking in the manual for a similar answer only yesterday when my first DNA 200 device arrived! It took hours to get a full charge on three Samsung 25Rs and that was only starting from about 45%

I think I'll go with charging from the wall - especially now I've seen that the chip will handle it appropriately - thanks for the answer Jaquith :)

I use mobile phone chargers for everything ive got. Samsung 1amp for dna 200's and samsung :750ma for dna 40's, i know the 40's charger board only takes :50ma maximum but so far in a year i havent had any issues or had to renew batteries. I think these mobile phone chargers have a bit moor inbuilt technology which is favourble to the battery.