OK-it is NOT a bad balance port, it is settings.

Hi people. 

You may remember my horcig V2 was not charging the battery proberly, showing it out of balance, but if I put it on the V1 it was fine, and the V1 battery did the same on the V2. 

Well-today I got an 18650 enclosure for the hotcig, and realised it must be the profiles-as I accidently loaded the V2's onto the V1 and it is also doing it. 

I am using a 10 W/H Lipo for one, and want to run the others on dual 18650's (25'rs). 

I have managed to set up the battery meter for the V1 changing it to 2 cell, entering the W/h's and creating a custom discharge profile that seems to be on point. 

I now understand the v2 must have the complete wrong settings for my v1 to do it with the V2's settings accidently uploaded, so I do not believe there is ANYTHING wrong with it.

So my question is-how do I get it to read the battery correctly again, as it reads two known to be good LI-Pos as bad, and shows a 1/4 bar of battery when it is fully charged. 

Any help would be much appreciated, I have obviously got myself confused and messed up the settings of the V2 some how, how do I get it back to reading the 10W/H lipo correctly, as I know its a setting due to the problem being replicated in the fine working V1 when I accidently put the V2's settings on to it, and it had the same problem-a full Li-Po was showing 1/4 charge and battery out of balance. 

Thank you all for your help, Conan.

The best would be to charge the cells to the same level externally if you can, in this video the guy makes a lead to do it via the balance plug and you could do a single cell from a standard 18650 charger just make sure all the wires are secure.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIbHLacozFo[/video]

VapingBad said:

The best would be to charge the cells to the same level externally if you can, in this video the guy makes a lead to do it via the balance plug and you could do a single cell from a standard 18650 charger just make sure all the wires are secure.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIbHLacozFo[/video]

That was my plan-I ordered a IMax B6 charger that came today, but unfortunately due to the hotcigs battery design, I can not connect both balance plugs and positive and negative so can not use it. 

The thing is-the batteries ARE in balance, as I tested them on my Evolv repaired hotcig V1 and they were fine and showed full charge-but on the V2 it shows out of balance and 1/4 charged. 

I changed my V1 to a dual 18650 device, on doing so somehow the hotcig V2 settings got on to the V1-same problem occured-but I have got it working correctly now with dual 18650's. 

But it was having the same problems as the V2-so it MUST be a setting, even out of escribe it was reading a known good battery, that seconds before was fully charged-as 1/4 full and out of balance, but it is NOT out of balance, I have checked with a multimeter. 

VapingBad said:

Check your settings, maybe clean the balance connector pins with some IPA or meths and a pipe-cleaner or dental gap brush (disconnect the battery completely first). If they are in balance the the DNA will charge them fine, it will charge unbalanced batteries just slowly.

I think cleaning the pins are the last shot-but I KNOW its a setting as when put onto the V1 Inadverdantly, it done the EXACT same as the V2-reading the battery 1/4 full, jumping about in Escribe. 

I have completely wiped the device and reset to evolv standard, still the same, so uploaded the actual hotcig settings file from them, still the same issue! But, when that software went onto the V1, it was the same issue, so it must be something in settings or escribe itself. 

I have checked everything, and all seems correct. 

Maybe a fresh install of Escribe as I know it is firmware related, or do you not think that will help? 

I really am stumped-I double checked the batteries by removing from their enclosure, and sure enough, they were all balanced, 3.98V a cell(one battery), Fullymax batteries. 

It seems Escribe is functioning incorrectly, but with only ONE out of 3 devices.  It will not allow mains Charging past 1/4 either with 2 Li-PO's that I KNOW to be fine. :s

Really, really am stumped as I know its not RMA time due to it happening to the V1 before I set a custom profile for the dual 18650's, reading correctly BTW and performing great for my needs-133W is well enough for me, and very happy with the result-only thing is I wanted to convert the V2 as it has a nicer finish-but even with 2 cell selected it was reading 1/4 charge on fully charged 18650's. 

Conanthewarrior said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]Check your settings, maybe clean the balance connector pins with some IPA or meths and a pipe-cleaner or dental gap brush (disconnect the battery completely first). If they are in balance the the DNA will charge them fine, it will charge unbalanced batteries just slowly.

I think cleaning the pins are the last shot-but I KNOW its a setting as when put onto the V1 Inadverdantly, it done the EXACT same as the V2-reading the battery 1/4 full, jumping about in Escribe. 

I have completely wiped the device and reset to evolv standard, still the same, so uploaded the actual hotcig settings file from them, still the same issue! But, when that software went onto the V1, it was the same issue, so it must be something in settings or escribe itself. 

Maybe a fresh install of Escribe as I know it is firmware related, or do you not think that will help? 

I really am stumped-I double checked the batteries by removing from their enclosure, and sure enough, they were all balanced, 3.98V a cell(one battery), Fullymax batteries. 

It seems Escribe is functioning incorrectly, but with only ONE out of 3 devices.  It will not allow mains Charging past 1/4 either with 2 Li-PO's that I KNOW to be fine. :s

Really, really am stumped as I know its not RMA time due to it happening to the V1 before I set a custom profile for the dual 18650's, reading correctly BTW and performing great for my needs-133W is well enough for me, and very happy with the result-only thing is I wanted to convert the V2 as it has a nicer finish-but even with 2 cell selected it was reading 1/4 charge on fully charged 18650's. 

[/QUOTE] Can you send your escribe file for the v2 see if we can spot anything.. I believe you said you tried your v1 settings on the v2 (without reading through again) ? It sounds like warranty service without the message.. Have you checked your pins are all secure on the jst plug on the board side?

Gm111 said:

[QUOTE=Conanthewarrior][QUOTE=VapingBad]Check your settings, maybe clean the balance connector pins with some IPA or meths and a pipe-cleaner or dental gap brush (disconnect the battery completely first). If they are in balance the the DNA will charge them fine, it will charge unbalanced batteries just slowly.

[/QUOTE] Can you send your escribe file for the v2 see if we can spot anything.. I believe you said you tried your v1 settings on the v2 (without reading through again) ? It sounds like warranty service without the message.. Have you checked your pins are all secure on the jst plug on the board side?[/QUOTE]

Hi, I havent opened the unit up, but checked the outside pins, as it is the hotcig with the interchangeable LI-Pos, I didn't want to open up the V2, BUT as the EXACT same thing happened when the V2 setup file was loaded onto the V1 and the V1 did the same, it MUST be to do with that setup. 

Where should I send the file too so you can take a look? 

Thank you for the help by the way, I really do appreciate it. 

Conan. 

OK-I have reinstalled Escribe, reset to evolv standard,still doing the same thing-but checking on an external charger both fullymax Lipos are in balance, and also with a multimeter on the balance ports.

But I KNOW it is something to do with escribe, as I made the perfectly good V1 (repaired by evolv, faulty on arrival) do the same thing with the V2's settings, but I simply changed them back, and all was fine, then set it up for dual 18650's.

The V2 however, I can not simply change the settings and it is back to normal like the V1. 

So, I replicated the issue in the V1 by using the settings for the V2-but if I change the settings in the V2 to one that works fine on the V1, same issue occurs. 

I DID have a leaking issue and juice got down into the tiny gap between battery housing and front of device, BUT this was weeks before the issue started. I have cleaned the pins to no avail. 

Really am stumped.

EDIT: Hang on, I do not know what the hell I did, but it is reading all 3 cells in balance. 

This happened once before though-but I really hope this time it is sorted. 

Conanthewarrior said:

[QUOTE=Gm111][QUOTE=Conanthewarrior][QUOTE=VapingBad]Check your settings, maybe clean the balance connector pins with some IPA or meths and a pipe-cleaner or dental gap brush (disconnect the battery completely first). If they are in balance the the DNA will charge them fine, it will charge unbalanced batteries just slowly.

[/QUOTE] Can you send your escribe file for the v2 see if we can spot anything.. I believe you said you tried your v1 settings on the v2 (without reading through again) ? It sounds like warranty service without the message.. Have you checked your pins are all secure on the jst plug on the board side?[/QUOTE]

Hi, I havent opened the unit up, but checked the outside pins, as it is the hotcig with the interchangeable LI-Pos, I didn't want to open up the V2, BUT as the EXACT same thing happened when the V2 setup file was loaded onto the V1 and the V1 did the same, it MUST be to do with that setup. 

Where should I send the file too so you can take a look? 

Thank you for the help by the way, I really do appreciate it. 

Conan. [/QUOTE] Just Pm'd you..