[SOLVED] stainless steel resistance instability

DjMadness

I seam to be having troubles getting temp control to work as stable as possible.
When running in temp mode (i am using csv from steam-engine for stainless steel 316), the resistance jumps up to over 1 ohm when my resistance is at 0.44 cold.

after it reached over 1 ohm in temp mode i quickly activated watt mode and it states 0.5 ohm's live, going back to temp mode its over 1 ohm again.

Something's wrong and it does not sound coil related, more software related, could someone help me with this ?

edit i have a wismec dna200

what type of rda u using? have you gone into  atty analyzer in escribe and checked you atty's ohm stability? im running 316 in a subtank mini with .00092 tcr. and it works ok.  make sure all your connection are secure, a decent atty for tc, try a hard reboot, make sure your mod resistance is set correctly (.003 is what mine is). turn your preheat off. lock your resistance with a cold atty.

I have noticed my SS TC goes a little crazy at the temp limit.  When looking at the chart the temp goes up smoothly until it reaches the set temp and then bounces up and down radically.  It vapes fine, but the chart look all zig zaggy.

That's what i want, but its not what i am getting.
an example of my problem would be this picture 
tc.jpg

Try a higher temp, it will stop treating the coil as temp sensing if it does not increase temp by at least 150 degrees F in the first second, I know that your temp is greater than that + room temp, but it may get you closer to finding the solution.  Also I would lower the wattage so when this happens you are not getting that much power.

Try a higher temp, it will stop treating the coil as temp sensing if it does not increase temp by at least 150 degrees F in the first second, I know that your temp is greater than that + room temp, but it may get you closer to finding the solution.  Also I would lower the wattage so when this happens you are not getting that much power. 

I increased the tempreture to 200C and reduced the resistance manually to 0.42Ohm's and it seams more stable now. 
Stainless steel seams rather unstable for it to need manual adjustment after coil change. for this i mean ie if i am forced to change coil while at work i would be forced to configure via escribe before its stable.

(i did dryburn and leave the ecig for approx 30 mins before locking the ohm's but adjustment was still needed)

update:

there is still high instability with the resistance under temp control, however this seams to only happen when the mod is cold now.
after waking up this morning temp control did not work, so i vaped in wattage mode (thanks to its stainless steel it's possible), once the mod got a bit warm it started working again.
does the chip use board temp or "room temp" to calculate the tempreture in some sort of way ?

I'll try and make some new claptons when i get home and remove the wrap where the connection is to be made, maybe that will help (its not like the clapton is going to conduct electricity.)
do you recomend any specific resistance to go for ? or would i be fine with fused claptons ?

• 4 weeks later...

update, i got it working.
it was actually the positive pin causing issues, sometimes it screws it's self a little bit lose.
happened to me a couple of times, probably due to it being a clone (velocity rda, original is not easy to get atm)
I've been using TC without issues for some time now, this device really shines compared to other devices, i can't imagine what evolv's next chip would be capable of, but as long as it has the capabilitiies as the dna200 they have me as a customer (specificly the triple 18650 part and temp curves :D)