opus 200 wont charge

cdauth07

So i just received my brand new Opus dna 200 today in mail. I opened it super ecstatic to find the battery was completely drained. So i said ok no biggie and went to charge it. The mod will not charge with any cable i try. The screen lights up but it doesnt seem to be charging at all. I checked escribe and loaded latest firmware and still nothing. I made sure brightness was past 35% etc. Under device monitor i am reading all 0s under charge, usb power, and usb current. usb voltage is sitting at 4.8v consistently. Keep in mind i cannot open this mod up in any form or fashion or it will void my warranty. Just seeing if this is a simple fix or something im looking at sending back. Thanks in advance

Sorry, I don't know another member mentioned it the other day I think it says in the Escribe manual and is only to help Evolv understand faults with devices and nothing sinister.  It is a feature of Escribe so don't see that anyone could object to you using it, when it came up before it was suggested to open a ticket with the mod maker as well so it is recorded and in case your battery is poor.

Well I have no idea what that did but i did exactly what you said and my Escribe asked if i was sure i wanted to run the recovery and that my device had been recovered 0 times. i clicked accept and the device lit and like a christmas tree including my charge graph. I can now see all cells charging. I will continue to keep eye on the battery as well just in case.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem with charging my Opus last night it just didn't charge, Update ver 8/21 and performed a USB Recovery charging. As of now Pack is at 10.79v cell1 3.60v cell2 3.59v cell3 3.60v the recovery hasn't fixed the charging problem. Is it something I need to ship back to Opus or a work around that I can do.  your help is greatly appreciated.

Effie said:

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem with charging my Opus last night it just didn't charge, Update ver 8/21 and performed a USB Recovery charging. As of now Pack is at 10.79v cell1 3.60v cell2 3.59v cell3 3.60v the recovery hasn't fixed the charging problem. Is it something I need to ship back to Opus or a work around that I can do.  your help is greatly appreciated.

Some of my DNA200 mods fail to charge as well, but this is due to some USB cables not being inserted far enough.  I have gotten accustomed to inserting it firmly, looking for the "click" then looking at the screen to be certain it is charging.