Hana v200 disassembly

Hi guys I've got an issue with my hana modz v200 (pre-production unit) and since their service department hasn't responded in a week figured I'd ask around here.

The mod has the pinched ribbon cable issue so the screen is invisible unless it is pitch black. It vapes fine and I can change settings by plugging into my PC, but obviously that is not what I want out of my 200$ device. I took it apart yesterday and removed the battery no problem. My problem is that the 3 screws that attach the board itself inside the case seem locked up. I can't get enough torque on them with the tiny size screwdriver they require, I'm afraid of stripping them to hell. Any tricks to removing these that you guys could share?

Also will I need to order a new screen or will un-pinching the cable fix the issue? 

urbanclock said:

Hi guys I've got an issue with my hana modz v200 (pre-production unit) and since their service department hasn't responded in a week figured I'd ask around here.

The mod has the pinched ribbon cable issue so the screen is invisible unless it is pitch black. It vapes fine and I can change settings by plugging into my PC, but obviously that is not what I want out of my 200$ device. I took it apart yesterday and removed the battery no problem. My problem is that the 3 screws that attach the board itself inside the case seem locked up. I can't get enough torque on them with the tiny size screwdriver they require, I'm afraid of stripping them to hell. Any tricks to removing these that you guys could share?

Also will I need to order a new screen or will un-pinching the cable fix the issue? 

Try a rubber band between the screw head and screwdriver to prevent it from slipping if its starting to strip. Make sure to push down with a decent amount of force.

Nick is correct.

I have 3 of these. A rubber band should do the trick. The hard part is when you are reassembling the OLED display and the board. Remember to follow the instructions that show a tab that opens and then the ribbon slides in. Once the ribbon is in place then push the tab down to hold the ribbon in place.

I found that it was easier to attach the OLED ribbon while the board is out vs installing and attaching the OLED to the Hana then trying to connect it to the board.

You will need a hot soldering tip and lead free flux just for attaching the negative to the 510.

I was successfully with attaching my friends new OLED screen after he broke it with taking the 3 screws out, placing a plastic pen to prop the board up on an angle then using tweezers to attach the ribbon. I had to buy a little LED microscope which assisted with it. It did not go to waste because I use it for my builds now. But that was a pain and wasted 2 hours of my time. I found that it was easier when I assembled 2 of my Hana V200's. There is a vape store that sells the Hana complete boxes with the lipo in Lombard, IL for $80 and then all you need to do is buy the DNA 200 chip which comes with a OLED screen. This is an exclusive Hana retailer where these units are authentic but are not assembled. For their Juice Bar, they probably have over 80 Hana DNA 40's to sample juice. I never have seen so many Hana's at one place.

I'm so tired of my Hana, wish that trade in for a reference unit was still an option! Now when I press my fire button the screen turns off. It's strange how it does it - the info on the screen freezes, and the backlight shuts off. Randomly I have to tap the button again for it to turn back on. I have another screen but last time after taking it apart I don't know how I would re-position the screen?

Timmers89 said:

I'm so tired of my Hana, wish that trade in for a reference unit was still an option! Now when I press my fire button the screen turns off. It's strange how it does it - the info on the screen freezes, and the backlight shuts off. Randomly I have to tap the button again for it to turn back on. I have another screen but last time after taking it apart I don't know how I would re-position the screen?

99% sure that is the screen ribbon cable being pinched under the fire button, the screen will fail completely soon so I would order one now IIWY only $14 shipped anywhere in the world.  http://evolvapor.com/dna200.php

Timmers89 said:

sounds to me like your screen ribbon cable is getting pinched between the fire button. you'll need to take it apart to confirm. you'll need a new screen and re position the ribbon cable into an S bend to prevent this from happening again. here's a thread that discusses that problem, read through it.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67576-topic/

vapingbad beat me to the punch!:D
  • Like 1