UWell Crown on Laisimo L1 and EFusion DNA 200

PBiddy412

Hey all!

I have a weird problem that is probably escribe related. I noticed my coils are hitting better on my Laisimo L1 with no problems. However, if I put the same tank onto my DNA 200, I get dry/burnt hits. I'm running these in straight wattage and both have fully charged batteries. I don't get how it can work on one and not the other? Any suggestion from you guys would be appreciated. I'm running the .25 coils by the way around 80-100 watts. If you need more information, let me know. 

Thanks in advance!

Hard to guess from afar, but as DNAs have real-time power regulation and many other all boards just test the res before you fire then use a fixed voltage like the SX350.  If these are ss coils their resistance will raise 15-20% when they get to temp and the DNA will automatically adjust the voltage to compensate and keep delivering the wattage you set.  The voltage will increase as you vape, the power will stay the same.  If you other mod does not have real-time power regulation the voltage would stay the same and the power would decrease.  If this is the case just reduce the power a bit.

When you fire up EScribe and run the Device Monitor. Check boxes for Power, Voltage, and Live Ohms. Now vape normally and what does the graph look like? For Voltage and Power you might see a quick rise, but all three should quickly become a perfectly straight line during the vape. If they are, then I can only think of one thing. Your Laisimo isn't really hitting at the wattages you set it at, but something less (so you have to set the DNA less to match). The Laisimo also uses pulse output at higher wattages while the DNA gives you true steady wattage output.

BillW50 said:

Not on a DNA200, but on a Laisimo it is apparently fine. :)

Sorry I don't follow you, the vape is different between a proper real-time VW and a non-real-time VW which will be more like a mech where the power will drip as the ss coil heats. What I have been suggesting is that if the Laisimo is in the non-real-time VW set it would perfectly explain the OP.

The Laisimo does display volts (I don't think it is live). Plus I don't know if the volts are read as peak, average, or RMS. It is probably the latter. The Laisimo has a nice huge color display. It also communicates to another device by Bluetooth. It stores stats like puffs per day, time of each puff, at what wattage, how many seconds, and at what resistance.

BillW50 said:

Sorry you squeezed your post between PBiddy412 and myself. I was commenting on his thoughts he thought he could use a 0.25 ohm coil between 80 to 100 watts. And I replied "Not on a DNA200, but on a Laisimo it is apparently fine. :)"

I go and fix it.

EDIT: This post can be killed if you would like.

lol that's me getting mixed up more than anything, sorry.

If the Laisimo keeps firing when you unscrew the atty then it is not monitoring the power in real time, that is not a definitive test, but if it keeps firing it would be a definitive result. if you see pBusardo's IPV2 review at 35 mins he demonstrates it, I wish he kept this test up.

PBiddy412 said:

The Laisimo does have voltage. It changes per hit and is around 5.11 and has gone up to 5.32 if I chain it.

Your post with EScribe Device Monitor screen shot also shows the live ohms increasing a bit as the temperature of the coil rises. I am guessing you are using SS in wattage mode. Thus the Laisimo is adjusting the voltage higher as the live ohms increases to maintain the same wattage.

BillW50 said:

Your post with EScribe Device Monitor screen shot also shows the live ohms increasing a bit as the temperature of the coil rises. I am guessing you are using SS in wattage mode. Thus the Laisimo is adjusting the voltage higher as the live ohms increases to maintain the same wattage.

This is correct. I'm fairly new to all this so I apologize for not understanding everything ahead of time. I figured that both devices would work somewhat the same.

We are all learning all the time PBiddy412 no shame in that, quite the opposite.

If, and it is an if, the Laisimo does not regulate the power in real time the power will lower with ss as the coil gets hot, where as all the Evolv boards would keep the power lever and this would be similar to setting the power a lot higher.  Not many people realise this form what I see around the web.  IMO it is a big part of what made ss popular with mech users reducing the power as the coil get hot gives a more even vape and the impression they are vaping at a higher power than than they really are.

It also could be that is is firing at lower power.