Strange behavior on my reuleaux DNA200

nicovape

Hello everyone!

I have a strange issue on my Reuleaux DNA 200. Sometimes, i am vaping and it says lock, even though, i did not lock it.

Sometimes it says locked. but will fire again on the next try! just one press and it will fire even though, it said locked on last try.

Then show locked, then fire again..

sometimes it is very hard to unlock.. This is driving me crazy.. Anyone experienced such problems before ?

I set it to lock on 3X, which used to work very well. I tried both recommended and last firmware.. same..

I might have fixed it. Since it worked fine from Device Monitor "puff" feature, i supposed it could be more of a "mechanical" issue, in the sense of contactors.. So i used some electronic cleaning spray. Which is used to remove oxydation and clean contactors. I flooded it and pressed the button one hundred time. did it a few times. now, it seems to work again correctly. I don't want to scream victory yet, but it could be that liquid from some drippers leaked on the button (100% VG FTW) and it did not work so good anymore. I used it for many months now. Early november. If that fixes it, it is a good thing to know..

It maybe worth taking out the batteries, taking off the face plate, checking the screen cable is not fouling the switch and there is no e-liquid, dirt or solder on the board. It that doesn't solve it you could try taking out the batteries, taking off the face plate and unclipping the switch cover and cleaning and drying the inside of the switch, not which way up the metal disc goes.  This is not something I would advise normally, but

The ribbon cable is not on the way of the button. I already fixed this long ago. now, i opened it again, and cleaned with air spray, and other things.. the button is back to life, but for how long? I don't know how to open the front cover, to access the button. Do you know of any video or instruction to do it safely? I already ordered another reuleaux, this one is dying on me, and i love this mod. So i will get another one and this will be a guinea pig. The funny thing is my hanna modz V200 from August last year, is still alive and rocking, even if it is supposed not to be solid. but the battery life is just awful.

What kind of alcohol do you plan to use? Denatured alcohol would be a big no-no since it eats lots of things. I'm not crazy about rubbing alcohol because it contains lubricants and stuff. But many still use it anyway. Ethyl alcohol would be the best I would think. Not sure what is all in Vodka? But if nothing dangerous to plastics or leaves a film or anything, it might be ok.

i thought of using denatured alcohol that is used to clean wounding and so on..  that's all i have here.. well besides vodka, and other stuff of course.. but not sure that would be good either.. so basically i should do nothing at this point. so far it is still working after a few hours.. but i'd rather clean it properly, as this autofiring that happened without me noticing was a little scary