Pretty sure I got a bad battery?

Gandera

Hey, so I built my first DNA 200 mod and tested it with a max amp 1850mah lipo and everything worked great, only problem was that battery was too big. So I went with the battery on the evolv site. Well after I connected that battery it was showing 0.1v, 2.6v and 3.8v for 1,2 and 3 cell respectively. I'm assuming I can't do anything to save this battery, just thought I would post here and ask.

Well that 2.6v and 3.8v shouldn't be a problem. That 0.1v... well open up Escribe, connect to the Device Monitor. And see that Diagnostic button, Advanced, and then Perform USB Recovery Charging. Keep an eye on it for 10 minutes max and if the voltage doesn't come up to say 2.5v in that time, just disconnected the USB. And I wouldn't try anymore with that battery.

Gandera said:

Hey, so I built my first DNA 200 mod and tested it with a max amp 1850mah lipo and everything worked great, only problem was that battery was too big. So I went with the battery on the evolv site. Well after I connected that battery it was showing 0.1v, 2.6v and 3.8v for 1,2 and 3 cell respectively. I'm assuming I can't do anything to save this battery, just thought I would post here and ask.

Never heard of anyone say theyve been sent a duff battery beffor, evolv where very careful choosing that brand, what a pisser,,,, asuming you havnt got fluxed up jst conections, (poor contacts) i would try running it flat, connect it to a bulb or somthing, then see if it charges equaly, batteries are strange creatures, the moor they work the better they perform..

black lace said:

Never heard of anyone say theyve been sent a duff battery beffor, evolv where very careful choosing that brand, what a pisser,,,,

Yeah it kinda sucks, Since I tested the other battery I have and it works as intended I can rule out the board being defective/ something on it broken. I was even careful soldering the battery one lead at a time so I wouldn't short it. Can't win them all I guess haha. I'm also kinda leery about testing that battery any further since last time I had it hooked up to try a recovery charge #1 cell was showing 0.05v when I disconnected it

black lace said:

Oh, i dont hard wire mine, think im using xt30s at the moment, but if i was stuck for space i would stanley knife the connectors out the xt30/ xt60 and just sleve them over with shrink wrap tube on final connection.. ""one spark its fooked mate"" All the best..

Sorry, it is connected with xt60 connectors, I forgot to mention that on my original post

black lace said:

If your after the same size most people go for the turnigy 950mah 25c/50c so you get the extra '50' cant post a pic or link at the moment cuz am on mobile.. will update later if needed..

I have been looking at those actually! Thanks though!