not waking up with button press

Droopydroors

Few questions:

-What specific mod is this happening with?

-After it wakes up will it continue to fire normally without any other issues?

-Before the screen wakes up will the mod fire via the fire button with the screen off?

-Will either one of the up/down buttons wake the screen up? Pressing either of those should wake the board as well if the screen is off.

Droopydroors said:

Boxer mod No problems after waking up No it will not fire No the up down buttons do not wake it up.

Interesting. I just took a look at various models they are offering, is this the 3s lipo version or the dual 18650 133w version?

I would recommend doing a factory reset in escribe, or a roll back a different version of firmware via forced update to see if there is any difference in behavior. If this doesn't help then I would think possibly a hardware issue. Contacting the modder as a first option for possibly having it repaired is likely your best bet. If you don't have any luck with that feel free to submit a ticket and we can see what our options are to assist!

I buy the 3 cell lipo kit and build them myself. I have built 12 so far with no issue. This is the first one that is having a problem. But I was thinking firmware as well. Where is the factory reset in escribe? And if I roll it back where is the firmware I should force it to roll back to?

Droopydroors said:

I buy the 3 cell lipo kit and build them myself. I have built 12 so far with no issue. This is the first one that is having a problem. But I was thinking firmware as well. Where is the factory reset in escribe? And if I roll it back where is the firmware I should force it to roll back to?

To do a reset/rollback go to Tools > Update Firmware to force an update. If you've had escribe installed for awhile all versions of the firmware should be stored locally in the following location:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Evolv\EScribe\Firmware\DNA 200

If you do not have any older versions stored locally let me know.

Another thing to try is in EScribe go to Help > About and click the Evolv logo seven times. This will turn on some of the Debug Logging in Device Monitor. Once you open Device Monitor does the Screen Disconnect value read anything other than zero? This would indicate a condition where the screen is randomly disconnecting from the board, such as pinched/broken/fatigued ribbon. 

The only one I have in that location is 2015-08-21. I'm not sure if that is old or if that is the one that it's running currently. I don't believe it's an issue with the screen considering it works fine and runs fine after he plugs it into a power source. But thank you and I will check that if it happens again. Should I just use that file to push an update? Or is there a differant one I should use?

Droopydroors said:

The only one I have in that location is 2015-08-21. I'm not sure if that is old or if that is the one that it's running currently. I don't believe it's an issue with the screen considering it works fine and runs fine after he plugs it into a power source. But thank you and I will check that if it happens again. Should I just use that file to push an update? Or is there a differant one I should use?

The Screen Disconnect value is a running tally, so you can check this at any time to see if an issue is occurring, and in this case I would recommend doing so.

I just PM'd you a selection of dated Firmware files I had available. I would recommend something a tad earlier than 8-21 if that is the only file you see in the directory. This means its the current one being used.

Droopydroors said:

Thank you. After rolling back firmware and connecting to escribe should he install the current firmware when asked immediatly?

I would give it some time to see if the issue still exists. If not I would say then upgrade and see what happens!

Well after rollback the problem still occurs. When it falls asleep after an hour it will not wake up unless plugged into a power source. When this happens it is still recognized in escribe. It happens at any battery percentage. When it wakes up the battery is correct from when it feel asleep so it's not discharging. All cells are balanced and reading correctly. So weird.

Droopydroors said:

Well after rollback the problem still occurs. When it falls asleep after an hour it will not wake up unless plugged into a power source. When this happens it is still recognized in escribe. It happens at any battery percentage. When it wakes up the battery is correct from when it feel asleep so it's not discharging. All cells are balanced and reading correctly. So weird.

Okay, thanks for doing some testing for me! I would suggest then getting the board swapped out and opening a Ticket on the main site. We can then get the board returned for examination and get a new one out to you!

I had the same problem yesterday the screen wouldn't wake but it was firing and working normal after about a 5 mind it started waking back up and working but now the screen is dim so dim that you can barely read the screen in the dark I had the screen set to 30% all across the board I went back in and changed it to 100% but the dimness never changed

Your issue is most likely due to a screen issue. If you look back to where Nick asked me to click on the evolv logo 7 times and pull up device manager that will show you screen disconnects. I imagine yours will have a number other than zero. If the device is still working without the screen working or with a dim screen it's most likely getting pinched or not connected well.

• 3 weeks later...

Nick said:

[QUOTE=Droopydroors]Well after rollback the problem still occurs. When it falls asleep after an hour it will not wake up unless plugged into a power source. When this happens it is still recognized in escribe. It happens at any battery percentage. When it wakes up the battery is correct from when it feel asleep so it's not discharging. All cells are balanced and reading correctly. So weird.

Okay, thanks for doing some testing for me! I would suggest then getting the board swapped out and opening a Ticket on the main site. We can then get the board returned for examination and get a new one out to you![/QUOTE]

Nick I got one doing the exact same thing,  what was the resolution?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
black lace said:

If your saying its working but the screen isnt on, HAVE YOU GOT IT IN STEALTH MODE.. LOCK DEVICE HOLD IN BOTH FIRE AND DOWN BUTTON..

I know what is Stealth mode, but its another problem. It cant wake up from sleep mod, sometimes I can wake up it but I need to push fire button many times and its very small chance that it wake up, but if I connect to computer, it wake up 100%. I read in some posts that it's problem with motherboard, because rollback doesnt help! So I ask help me