Altus Tank + Efusion Duo

chenyunmu

I got quite abit of problems with this tank and the dna200. Does anyone have a setting for dna200 that can send me. Right now I'm using a setting provided by Guo Vapes 100w 260c 200w 3second preheat punch and 0.0031 setting it burns the coil too fast that im getting dry hits and cotton burning out and turn black within a few puff. Is there anyone out there have a better setting which can send me. Thanks 

Most people only take about a 4 second drag so turn your preheat down to 1 second 50/70 watt, your not saying wether your twin coiling an rdta or single coiling an rda or rta. Or even what material coil.. you must have escribe to know your preheat, because of the lack of info (no disrepect), i can only suggest my own, try a temp of 380f ish and start at 15/20 watt and work your way up. sounds like you need to recoil rewick.

Ok I agree I'm noob about all this whole new TC thing ^^ as I just started vaping not long still learning. If you would take a moment to check this file sent by Guo Vape Support you may be able to advice more. I have tried preheat punch at 35w/50w/75w at 1second it still gets overheated quickly and show ohms too high and temperature protected. After ramping up I only take a quick 1-2 second draw not even 4 second. :)

Altus-D.Guos-CSV-8.ecigpr

Am on mobile at moment our mate, i did try and open the file but cant, are you using stainless pre made (factory produced coils), if so turn your pre heat right down to zero or off if you can, please list your :- 1 Atomiser 2 coil material 3 state weather coils are factory built or you have made them. 4 juice viscosity eg - 70/30 vg/pg ect

Hmm im using an altus tank..there isnt any factory prebuilt coils..it was the one with the CVU chip "coiless" tank..im also on mobile now i will check the list you haven mention when i have access to the computer..but what i know of for now is im using a vg70pg30 and 6mg eliquid..the coil material im not so sure i think GUO mentioned it was tungsten or something..And a CVU chip which i use MUJI organic cotton to wick it..

Ok then, find out for sure your coil material, (asuming you have updated to latest firmwear) lock the device and press all three buttons, fire and up and down, after a few seconds you will be promted to scroll to whatever material coil your using.. see where that gets you.. the reason i asked about the juice, some factory built coils are wicked so tight anything heavier than 70pg wont flow. important about your coil material,,, you wont get 'kanthal' to work in temp mode..

Best bet is to ask the "CVU Chip" manufacture for a DNA 200 material profile or a TCR, it is really their responsibility IMO. 
Having a quick Google some say Ni200 is close, others say Tungsten, their relative TCRs are 0.0062 & 0.0045 and you could also try values between these.

You can get a Tungsten profile here http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp#

When i get time at a pc i will have to do some homework..never heard of anything like it, (heard of doughnuts) but (chips) or am i in a compleatly different field. what ever, make sure its fastend down well for a good connection and start low.. low temp low power.

black lace said:

When i get time at a pc i will have to do some homework..never heard of anything like it, (heard of doughnuts) but (chips) or am i in a completely different field.

I think they just call it a chip because it's square, AFAIK it is a shaped tungsten element encased in ceramic, there are a lot of reviews about.

black lace said:

Oh ok, Had a delivery of nico and flavours today (panic bought) -- buttery butter,, one drop on top of custard as a preview.. oh my gosh..

No need to panic buy in the UK the rules are if it is on the market before 20th Nov 16 it can be sold until 20th May 17.  It is not just getting through existing stock as we thought previously.

E:  correction the existing stock date 20th Nov applies to manufactures, but not retailers.  So retailers can still buy non compliant stuff up to 19th May 17, they have to stop selling it after that date.  Manufactures can produce non compliant stuff up to 19th Nov 16.

As I understand it, but if you r business depends on this check for yourself.

chenyunmu said:

Thanks for the reply..but i dont have a coil in whatever type of wires such as SS, Ti, kanthal, or nickel..cause it is a CVU chip that heat the juices up.

mate there are some youtube vids, first look and wicking, just googled it, Also notice there are rather a few connections from coil down to mods center pin, just be sure everything is well firm connected, temperature control is only as good as your connections.

Thanks for the reply. I just tried the steam engine tungsten value have it to set at 0.00450 seems ok but the cotton burnt out and turned black too fast. i think around 20-30 puff it turned black and the juice starts to taste a little burnt. Im using a muji organic cotton and have it have 35w and 450f.

It works for me now but I wonder is it normal that my CVU chip turned into a rough surface. Although i rinsed it with water and rewick it. I find that it turns the cotton black again very quickly like less than 20 puffs with 1-2 sec drag each time on my DNA200 mod tungsten setting 0.00450 35W 400F and 25w pre-heat for 1 second. resistance is locked in at 0.5ohm but im not sure why i still bounce around to 0.6 or 0.7. Do you guys have any method of cleaning the CVU chip though? As I know it is normal for the chip to turn black overtime but the rough dry surface i believe is the residue collected over time can somehow be remove right.