Feature request - remember resistance in-between battery swaps

Please add an option so when you swap dual 18650 batteries the resistance of the coil is still remembered.

When my batteries (dual 18650) go south the vape slowly becomes more and more anemic. So you mostly notice it after just having vaped. Then when you swap out your batteries the firmware suddenly pretend to have no memory of your coil resistance and assume the resistance of your still hot coil / atomizer. Which means you have to wait... and wait... and end up with inconsistent vape results. Of course this is not an issue if you only charge through USB.

This is rather inconvenient and could easily be avoided by saving the resistance value in the eeprom.

Not sure if this has already been suggested. I didn't find anything with a quick search.

Thanks!

Thanks, but this doesn't work for me at all - just tested again. Even the ohm locked status gets forgotten when I swap batteries.

It's all about how warm the coil still is when putting back the batteries and hitting fire. What does work of course is connecting to USB power while swapping batteries, what I often do. But this is cumbersome and bad for your micro usb connector wear.

Ideally I just want to swap batteries and keep vaping right away and not have to wait for resistance refinement.

Oh I think they are going to have to fix this for real. Anyway I know if you always lock the resistance and leave it there, it remembers just fine. Changing through EScribe probably works too, since it saves it to the memory. But if you do that, all you need is USB power while changing the batteries and it never turns off that way too.

I've been experimenting with my seven DNA200 and always locking the resistance works great. I mean locking it and always keep it locked unless you change the build. I just started playing around with 5 clicks to lock and that seems to always remember that it is locked when you swap batteries. I haven't experimented whether it helps with remembering ohms or not yet.

I've tested this again with leaving the resistance lock on for half a day and it worked! My guess is the lock is stored in memory only when it goes to sleep or something. It's weird behaviour but it works better than messing around with USB power or waiting for it to cool off. I'll just leave it locked now.

Thanks!

@VapinDragon taking only one battery out doesn't work unfortunately, board goes off as soon as you pull one battery.