DNA200- battery magement failure

Hello people.
Doing some experiments (battery discharge curvers) I damaged my DNA200 configures with 2s LiIon .

Now the board displays the "CHECK BATTERY" and the battery is shown totally empty (batteries are OK). Connecting the board via USB to escribe , cell #1 is recognised  but cell #2 has zero voltage, while #3 (not installed) shows a value floating around 1.58V.
The battery pack shows about 5.5 V.

I presume that the battery management chip, the Texas Instruments BQ76925 placed near the USB port, is damaged because it provides the cell voltage measurement analog front end to the SAM D21 ADC. Following the pcb traces I made sure that cell voltages arrive at the BQ76925  pins.

The BQ76925 is a 2$ chip, so that i've no problem to try the substitution because it is a SMD with exposed pins suitable for manual soldering.
But here is the problem: the Texas Instrument BQ76925  does not officially  exist with exposed pins. The TI catalog contains two version of the chip a TSSOP-20 and a VQFN-24 but not a Quad with 4x6 exposed pins.

Thus, my questions are 
1) Can you solve the mistery of the existing non existing BQ76925 ? 
2) any suggestion to work around?

Thank you.

igipit said:

Hello people.
Doing some experiments (battery discharge curvers) I damaged my DNA200 configures with 2s LiIon .

Now the board displays the "CHECK BATTERY" and the battery is shown totally empty (batteries are OK). Connecting the board via USB to escribe , cell #1 is recognised  but cell #2 has zero voltage, while #3 (not installed) shows a value floating around 1.58V.
The battery pack shows about 5.5 V.

I presume that the battery management chip, the Texas Instruments BQ76925 placed near the USB port, is damaged because it provides the cell voltage measurement analog front end to the SAM D21 ADC. Following the pcb traces I made sure that cell voltages arrive at the BQ76925  pins.

The BQ76925 is a 2$ chip, so that i've no problem to try the substitution because it is a SMD with exposed pins suitable for manual soldering.
But here is the problem: the Texas Instrument BQ76925  does not officially  exist with exposed pins. The TI catalog contains two version of the chip a TSSOP-20 and a VQFN-24 but not a Quad with 4x6 exposed pins.

Thus, my questions are 
1) Can you solve the mistery of the existing non existing BQ76925 ? 
2) any suggestion to work around?

Thank you.

you'll never get the analog front end off without some sort of reflow station. i also doubt you'll be able to re solder the chip back on with manual soldering. you might be able to de-solder the pinouts but you'll get to the exposed pad underneath the ic. 

take vapingbad's suggestion and open a ticket with evolv. why not get a whole new board out of the deal?

• 2 weeks later...