Lavabox Battery

mrmason

Aloha,

I was at the local Volcano Store in Kaneohe a couple of days ago, and they told me that Volcano planned on selling replacement batteries and would be offering them soon (don't know what that means in terms of when).

I don't know how available that would be for you in the UK.  Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
firemandan26 said:

Is there a battery that would fit in the mod and give it a little more life time?

There was a recent YouTube video and Reddit thread with someone using a VT200 battery. However there were many that complained that even though it's a 1300mah battery you would only get 1100mah at most due to faulty specs released by hcigar. The battery does fit though

• 3 weeks later...

De-solder and resolder the connector from the old battery or get a new connector, I think the connectors are XT30 about 6mm by 11 mm, if they are bigger they are XT60.  Be very careful to only work on one wire at a time including cutting the wires and insulate with heat shrink (the stuff with adhesive inside is best) before working on the other wire, never have both wires exposed at the same time.   They are easier to solder if you have a spare for the other side of the plug not connected to act as a heat sink.

From the way you are asking, I don't think you will like the answer:- Cut off the old connector, cut off the black heat shrink wrapping, desolder the old wire from the plug, put heat shrink over new wires, cut new wires to length (one at a time!) Strip insulation from new wires and solder to old plug, slide heat shrink up and heat till formed. And you are done! Or you can get a new connector and solder that on.

I think i am really fxxked. LOL! I totally don't know what's going on.

Maybe i try asking around those shops selling remote control cars or helicopters and hope they will do it for me.

Still don't understand why they (evolvapor.com) just ship it with the connector. Sigh...

Anyway, thanks guys! You people are really fast here. Definitely better than sending "them" email... :P

KGNTSTNY said:

I think i am really fxxked. LOL! I totally don't know what's going on.

Maybe i try asking around those shops selling remote control cars or helicopters and hope they will do it for me.

Still don't understand why they (evolvapor.com) just ship it with the connector. Sigh...

Anyway, thanks guys! You people are really fast here. Definitely better than sending "them" email... :P

Any electronics or radio repair shop could do it, but they don't ship with a connector as there is no standard connector and the Evolv Reference Mod doesn't use a connector at all.  The XT30 isn't even standard in the world of RC it is a smaller version of the XT60 that HobbyKing devised and I am not sure that anyone else produces them, you can find them on eBay and from some mod parts stores.

• 5 months later...