The updated SMY SDNA200 WARNING

MikeTheVapeDude

The 510 on my updated SMY SDNA200 just came loose, and then the ohms started bouncing all over the place. I got the lipo out but there's no way at all for me to pull the bolt holding the 510 loose, so I'm likely going to have to drill through the 510 to remove it.

I'm not asking for help, I know how to replace a 510 and I may not even bother, this is just a warning to people looking at this mod because I saw that the updated version had a lot of praise. But the 510 is NOT seated well and even through the ground and pin positive are STILL 100% connected the ohms are all over the place and I don't even know why that is right now.

Be wary of this mod, or honestly, anything with SMY's name on it. Not a brand known for quality, I can't believe I got sucked in after my experience with the God 180 like a year ago.

MikeTheVapeDude said:

The 510 on my updated SMY SDNA200 just came loose, and then the ohms started bouncing all over the place. I got the lipo out but there's no way at all for me to pull the bolt holding the 510 loose, so I'm likely going to have to drill through the 510 to remove it.

I'm not asking for help, I know how to replace a 510 and I may not even bother, this is just a warning to people looking at this mod because I saw that the updated version had a lot of praise. But the 510 is NOT seated well and even through the ground and pin positive are STILL 100% connected the ohms are all over the place and I don't even know why that is right now.

Be wary of this mod, or honestly, anything with SMY's name on it. Not a brand known for quality, I can't believe I got sucked in after my experience with the God 180 like a year ago.

i know yer handy with stuff but before you drill, just take a look at 'DJLSB VAPES' on youtube. he dismantles the updated sdna 200 and reassembles it. maybe you can bend up the negative part of the 510 connection to get a wrench or pliers on that brass nut. just putting it out there. hope you get it fixed mike.

ChunkyButt200 said:

i know yer handy with stuff but before you drill, just take a look at 'DJLSB VAPES' on youtube. he dismantles the updated sdna 200 and reassembles it. maybe you can bend up the negative part of the 510 connection to get a wrench or pliers on that brass nut. just putting it out there. hope you get it fixed mike.

Here's the link if you need it. Disassembly starts at 8 minutes into the video.

[video]https://youtu.be/Dp6ACHWnOLY?t=7m58s[/video]

• 3 months later...

Mike, I feel your pain. The 510 is spinning and ohms are jumping around all over. Tank is wobbling around too. Sucks. Paid $100 and didn't even last 3 months. No response from SMY for over a week now, with several emails. What do I do? I got a SMY touch box coming in the mail but I hate to junk this SDNA 200. I wasn't even rough with it and it broke. Any ideas?? Sell it on eBay for the board only? Or dive inside and try to repair?