SMY-DNA200 just died

SteveF

the screen has just gone off, the display works when put it on the charger, shows 75% battery. I've had it for 9 months, so not so bad for a special offer mod.he but annoying all the same. I'll put it on escribe tomorrow but I'm asuming its the fuse? Cigabuy don't stock them anymore should I put in a warranty claim with evolve? probably easier to cut the battery leads and return the board?

SteveF said:

the screen has just gone off, the display works when put it on the charger, shows 75% battery. I've had it for 9 months, so not so bad for a special offer mod.he but annoying all the same. I'll put it on escribe tomorrow but I'm asuming its the fuse? Cigabuy don't stock them anymore should I put in a warranty claim with evolve? probably easier to cut the battery leads and return the board?

if the mod will only power on via usb inserted, it's most likely an rma situation. contact the vendor and drop evolv an email as well. i did hear that evolv won't repair the smy's due to them having to peel the carbon fiber sticker off (which ruins the sticker) to get at the screws underneath. but all the same, send out those emails to the vendor, SMY themselves, then open a ticket with evolv. then go from there.

if your soldering skills are good and you can somehow manage not to destroy the carbon fiber panel stickers to get at the screws, that's up to you. 

Cigabuy-SMY-Evolve it is then. not particularly fussed about the carbon scale, in regards to having a scuff or a working mod. I figured if I got 9 months out of it to start with I'd use it as a donor for a project. Was expecting either the battery or the wonky 510 to be the first to go. Second dead dna in 3 months

SteveF said:

Cigabuy-SMY-Evolve it is then. not particularly fussed about the carbon scale, in regards to having a scuff or a working mod. I figured if I got 9 months out of it to start with I'd use it as a donor for a project. Was expecting either the battery or the wonky 510 to be the first to go. Second dead dna in 3 months

i did hear from evolv, that smy is opening or already has an open US based warranty center. 
i know, no fun when your vape just.............dies. i managed to blow out two dna 200 boards within 2 days. however, it was my fault. i was running unapproved firmware. just the same, evolv replaced both boards under their warranties. they honestly bend over backwards when it comes to making things right. that has been my experience when dealing with evolv RMA's.
wouldn't hurt to check the lipo for cells that are out of balance and also check for swelling. that's if you decide to open it. but i'd wait for the responses you receive from cigabuy, smy and evolv before tearing into it.

great........   Ciga-bye-bye, SMY offered 12 month warranty but its not on this page

Unless otherwise noted on the product page, product warranty is 6 months counted from the date of shipment.

• Within 3 months from shipment:
    Upon returning, defective items are replaced and shipped back to customers for free. Return shipping reimbursement is USD 20 or actual value of regular airmail, whichever is lower.
  • Afterwards:
    Customers may still send defective items back to CigaBuy. CigaBuy passes those items back to their manufactures and helps coordinating the repair. Customers are responsible for shipping charges both ways.

Depending on the problem, fees may be assessed by the manufacturers. CigaBuy will contact customers before committing the repairs.
Looks like a quick mail to CB then chase up SMY, for what its worth I'd be prepared to gut the box and accept a new board.

looks like Cigabuy won't help

first reply
Thanks for your support and cooperation. Sorry your device is already out of warranty, so we can't

ask compensation for you, hope you can understand. So if you want to repair it, you need cover
the fees by yourself, please send me a short video to clear show the question, and we can tell you
which part you need to replace.

second reply after pointing out the 12 month waranty it was advertised with

SDNA200-1.jpg 

the representative of Cigabuy Customer Service. I am honored to assist you further
Because e-Cigarette is Fast Moving Consumer Goods, so the warranty will not last 12 months, hope
you can understand.
Ok! If you have more question please contact me freely.

I see no point in arguing with someone 6,000 miles away on , the joys of foreign vendors.

No reply from Simeyue yet, I'm not sure but for some reason I don't really expect one.
Ticket raised with Evolve

• 2 weeks later...