Can't load an SS316L csv curve

Aikhme

I am runing the latest software and firmware.

I started off on pre-made coils but am now building my own SS316L RDA coils. I've been trying to get this to work in temperature control with great difficulty.

So after some research, I found out that the DNA 200 only has the Ni200 curves pre-set. Therefore, we need to upload an SS316L csv from the Steamship website.

So I created a csv from Steamship went back to Escribe to upload it.

However, in Escribe, it appears that the custom field is missing under coil material to add the Steamship SS316L TCR.

This means that I am unable to get TC to work with ss316L.

So how can I add the SS316L csv???

Thank you dwcraig1.

Just looking at the MOD tab, I have 3 available materials which are SS316, Titanium and Ni200.

So I just add the SS316L TCR from steamship. I will do this tonight. 

Is that all I need to do? Just add the SS316L TCR with the button that you have kindly illustrated above?

I already have 8 preset profiles set on the device but only 3 available materials. 

OK thank you dwcraig1.

Makes better sense now. 

I actually have Ni200 added twice as well in MATERIALS ON DEVICE and ON MOD. I will need to delete the duplication and add SS316L.

The build I have in my RDA is fused Clapton SS316L.

I will add the csv from steamship wire wizard. 

Oh that makes sense now. 

Yes I do have 2 Ni200 profiles on the device - which explains the duplicate materials. 

Yes I would have run into this and I never would have been able to work that out. 

So basically, I need to change the material in one of my profiles to SS316L. Well I have a profile that just so happens to be called S316L so I will do it to that profile. Then go into MATERIALS tab and add SS316L TCR from steamship. 

OK cheers VapingBad.

I saw that there was an early version or pre-release version of Escribe.

I didn't want to download it because I was going to wait for the officially released verion.

Do you recommend I download the EARLY version? Will it make things easier? Have the bugs and issues been ironed out? 

Aikhme said:

OK cheers VapingBad.

I saw that there was an early version or pre-release version of Escribe.

I didn't want to download it because I was going to wait for the officially released verion.

Do you recommend I download the EARLY version? Will it make things easier? Have the bugs and issues been ironed out? 

I would recommend it, I have been running it on 3 DNA 200 for weeks, if you want to vape ss in temp mode it's a must IMO.  There is a cosmetic bug that the battery bar goes to empty after the update, but uploading settings or soft reboot gets it straight back in most cases.

Aikhme said:

OK sounds good.

Will the EARLY version also let me upload my currently saved settings and customisations?

Yes all those settings will remain, it is just an update, EScribe has been tidied up a little and you have display modes that hide somethings that most users don't need, detail in the software FAQ https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/68493-topic/?do=findComment&comment=915973

Yes go for it as it will work very well with SS. Your battery icon will be empty at first but will come back on reboot, upload or by it's self. You need to go to "options" and select "manufacturer"
to see all the fields that you currently see. Quite a few of us have been using it for awhile with no problems. You can always revert it if you want. For using SS 3xx I highly recommend it.