Polishing a Vaporshark DNA 200

yoseff

The skin is coming out, so i thought it could be cool if i did polish it the best i could to give him the closest i can to a mirror finish.
Did anyone accomplished that? I think it is anodized under that rubber finish, so first step would be de-anodize it, right?

Right now is just an idea, but... Maybe i will try it one of these days :D

I do know VS is offering an extended warranty for any early model VS DNA 200's (what constitutes an early model? I don't know. i'm guess pre january 2016????) i recently had mine sent in just for this reason. my case build date was 12-28-15 and since getting it back, it now has a case build date of 3-01-16. they replaced the case and fire button. here's an email directly from VS customer service regarding the extended warranty.......

"The extended warranty is for any early model device. Once it is received, we rebuild the internals so that they match with current production as well as replace the outer casing of the device. Once this repair is completed, you will have an additional 4-month warranty for any item that was replaced."

I dont know. Mine has the the following numbers in the case: 10/15/15

But i am from Portugal, and sending device to VS , and then getting it back will have some risk of it falling in customs and i could have to pay taxes as if it would be a new one... Must think very well about it

I believe that between sending and getting a rebuilt one, will pass more than a month. Besides that the postage expenses would be on me, no? A new DNA250 board may be the solution on the near future, for a few more dollars and a polished case would be nice 
Let's see how it goes.
:D

yoseff said:

I dont know. Mine has the the following numbers in the case: 10/15/15

But i am from Portugal, and sending device to VS , and then getting it back will have some risk of it falling in customs and i could have to pay taxes as if it would be a new one... Must think very well about it

I believe that between sending and getting a rebuilt one, will pass more than a month. Besides that the postage expenses would be on me, no? A new DNA250 board may be the solution on the near future, for a few more dollars and a polished case would be nice 
Let's see how it goes.
:D

i'm not sure about overseas shipping costs, who pays it. VS paid for shipping both ways when i sent mine in. all i had to do was print out a shipping label they emailed me and tape it to the package.

just know the VS DNA 200 board is different from the one you can buy. side mounted ZIF connector (screen connector) and different onboard buttons. a dna 250 would require some serious modifications in order for it work in the VS DNA 200 enclosure.