Mac Output Voltage

Nick said:

The DNA 75 voltage limit is intentional, and is a hardware limitation.

The DNA 75 was intended and is marketed as a full featured budget board to allow consumers access to Evolv products at a price point previously unavailable for devices containing our electronics. This becomes more apparent at wholesale pricing.

For example, take a DNA 40, or a DNA 60 and at wholesale pricing you are already at or above the the cost of a DNA 75. If you would like a charging board with it, that is again additional cost.

The DNA 75 has all of this onboard, and more. In addition, with the right design, you can have a complete mod with two wires using a DNA 75.

If you use many of the replaceable coil sub ohm tanks on the market the DNA75 is great. If you like to run higher ohm coils, the DNA 40 or DNA 60 may be the better choice, but again this is a preference thing.

I understand the budget sense with keeping the hardware minimal but I don't understand how programming it to limit it to 6.2v makes it a "budget chip". Is the hardware itself not capable of pushing one or two extra volts? The DNA60 was not available at the time the DNA75 was released so it's not like modders had another option for a board that has higher wattage with single 18650 battery support. The reason you provided just doesn't make sense, to me.