TRIADE DNA 200 ONE BATTERY DOESN'T DISCHARGE

2005LGTL

I have a brand new Triade DNA 200 mod, and a brand new set of LG HG2 batteries. On two cycles so far, one battery will be fully charged when I take them out to recharge them. The batteries are all seated properly, and the device will not power on when only two batteries are installed. I've swapped all three and it will only power on when all three batteries are in. So why would one battery not be draining? I tried contacting Lost Vape, and they promptly and automatically replied that they don't help individuals, and that if the seller won't support the product, they are not authorized and I am, to put it simply, screwed. Def not buying a lost vape product ever again but if anyone knows a way to help me out I would be eternally grateful.

Screenshot_20160917-164356.png

Have you contacted the vendor you purchased it from?  Sometimes poor connections at the battery contacts or loose or broken wires to the battery sled can cause this.  Most vendors have some kind of warranty and support.

Post a screen shot from Device Monitor while firing showing battery levels.  

The vendor is trying to say it's user error but I can return it and if they decide it's user error I can't get a refund, and Lost Vape says iF the vendor refuses a return they aren't authorized and I'm SOL. How could a company that makes a product not even talk to you about it?

2005LGTL said:

I'm sorry I'm new to the DNA chip, and the manual doesn't say anything other than how to lock and.unlock the device, and change modes. Let me search for more advanced info and I'll get back here with what you asked me for.

you need a computer that has the escribe program installed on it. then you need to connect your mod to the comp and open up the escribe prog. click "device monitor". when the device monitor window pops up tick all of the battery options then take a screenshot using the snipping tool or whatever you use to take screenshots. then post it here.

2005LGTL said:

I'm sorry I'm new to the DNA chip, and the manual doesn't say anything other than how to lock and.unlock the device, and change modes. Let me search for more advanced info and I'll get back here with what you asked me for.

OK..... If you want you can just vape the device and when the battery meter on the device  gets to about 3/4 full or so you can remove the batteries and use a multimeter to check the voltage of each battery.  Post your results.  Also could it be a faulty charger giving a false reading.  Is the battery that shows full always plugged into the same charger in the same slot? Does changing the batteries around in the charger make any difference?  

retird said:

OK..... If you want you can just vape the device and when the battery meter on the device  gets to about 3/4 full or so you can remove the batteries and use a multimeter to check the voltage of each battery.  Post your results.  Also could it be a faulty charger giving a false reading.  Is the battery that shows full always plugged into the same charger in the same slot? Does changing the batteries around in the charger make any difference?  

It's the charger port. Stupid ass that I am I jumped to blaming the manufacturer. I never had this happen to the charger, and they were new batteries so it seemed like the mod could be the only possibility. All the batteries were at 3.8v, and I cycled the batteries through that port until it reproduced the issue of the battery reading full when it wasnt. I'll have to check my battery voltage every cycle now instead of every 3-4 days. It was confusing because the mod worked, if one sled lost connection I would think it would have been DOA. So good deal thank you for the kick in the ass. Currently puffing on a Mason 30mm with single 20ga/8 wraps at .35 ohms and some 3mg pancake man!

2005LGTL said:

It's the charger port. Stupid ass that I am I jumped to blaming the manufacturer. I never had this happen to the charger, and they were new batteries so it seemed like the mod could be the only possibility. All the batteries were at 3.8v, and I cycled the batteries through that port until it reproduced the issue of the battery reading full when it wasnt. I'll have to check my battery voltage every cycle now instead of every 3-4 days. It was confusing because the mod worked, if one sled lost connection I would think it would have been DOA. So good deal thank you for the kick in the ass. Currently puffing on a Mason 30mm with single 20ga/8 wraps at .35 ohms and some 3mg pancake man!

Good deal.......  puzzled me too when it would vape but not discharge the one battery.

Enjoy....  :thumb:

2005LGTL said:

I have a brand new Triade DNA 200 mod, and a brand new set of LG HG2 batteries. On two cycles so far, one battery will be fully charged when I take them out to recharge them. The batteries are all seated properly, and the device will not power on when only two batteries are installed. I've swapped all three and it will only power on when all three batteries are in. So why would one battery not be draining? I tried contacting Lost Vape, and they promptly and automatically replied that they don't help individuals, and that if the seller won't support the product, they are not authorized and I am, to put it simply, screwed. Def not buying a lost vape product ever again but if anyone knows a way to help me out I would be eternally grateful.