Battery drain at idle

RedAlert1

I posted another topic in the battery section about my new Lavabox going from 19% charge to completely dead overnight (8 hrs or so) and having to do a USB recovery charge on it to get it to function again.
After a complete charge I used device monitor to watch the battery stats for a while with the USB current set to 0.00 so it was not charging. I wanted to see what the battery was doing at idle with the screen brightness at 0%. I checked on it over a 4 hour period and noticed that the battery dropped .001 wH every 16 seconds like clock work.
I borrowed my friends 1300mah Lavabox and did the same with his, and the results were exactly the same.
Both of us have the most current firmware installed and all of our device settings are the same except for the battery size.
Is this amount of drain considered normal for a DNA200 device?

All cell voltages are the same across the pack. I charged it up to 100% last night before bed (waited for the usb current to be .01) then unplugged it. Woke up this morning and it's reading 99% after 8ish hours being left alone. Not that 1% is really anything to worry about, but I don't think that is normal.

in my first post, if i turn off the usb charging and watch in device monitor, it will slowly drop in wh's. that is normal drain to run the necessary functions of the board. technically the charging cycle isn't finished until it's drawing 0 current. the one percent drop while sitting is most likely the pack voltage settling. which is normal. the lipo could be not the greatest as well. just keep an eye on the pack. if you  wake up to a dead lipo i would contact the vendor for a replacement/refund.

So I went to have a vape today with 19% battery left and it wouldn't fire at all. No flashing battery bar, no errors. I checked in device monitor and saw the cells were 3.57, 3.59 and 3.29. I have the soft cell cut set at 3.2. I'm watching to see what happens while it's charging and it's slowly equalizing out after about 20 minutes of charging. Bum lipo pack? image1.jpg 

At a 3.2V soft cutoff under load, it's not surprising you don't get significant vapor if the lowest cell is at 3.29V when not under load.

Most of the capacity is at higher voltages, so it would appear to even out voltage-wise after a bit of charging despite having a large difference in charge level between the cells. (When they are very low cells tend to crater on voltage, so if the other batteries are at 5% and that one is at 0%, it'd appear a lot lower, whereas at 20% and 15% they'd appear similar.)

I'd let it charge up to 4.2V and give it time to rebalance. It's not necessarily anything wrong with the pack. Balanced, next time, you should get closer to that 19% it thinks you have left.

I have had this happen before and went through 3 batteries, all puffed and dead. I changed the board and has never happened again, might have had sloppy soldering or something and have built 3 more dna 200's without incident. The usb recover would work a few times until battery gave its last breath at 0.0v and as i remember I had to let it charge at 0.05 amps forever up till roughly 1v till usb charge recovery will work. Mabey someone knows what the lowest voltage for a cell to charge via recovery. I wish I wouldnt have been ignorant and let it kill 2 max amp and 1 fullymax before I decided to change the board.