Triade DNA 200 shows 0% battery when it shouldn't

Kratos

I've got a brand new Triade DNA 200 and have been having a blast with it. My first DNA device, it was love at first puff. My only issue is that numerous times, the battery level drops to 0% for no reason, but when I press the button it vapes normally. I checked the device monitor, all the batteries have the same voltage, so it should not be a contact issue. At first when it happened, I connected it to escribe, uploaded changes (nothing to do with the batteries, just change the screen or the theme etc) and it was working like normal again. I tried every service pack from 1.2 to 1.4, it does not affect it. 

Any ideas on how I can resolve this? It gives me no issue on vaping it, but I'd like to see the battery % ! On device monitor it even says that the batteries have 3.47v each left, but the level is 0% !!!

The batteries are LG hg2 with the correct  .cvc  for them 

Also something that I just noticed after putting 3 different cells in the Triade.. it show the battery percentage normally with the other cells, but not with the lg's..strange

welcome to forum Kratos. most likely you're running the latest firmware (SP3 or SP4)? these versions sometimes temporarily "erase" your battery capacity (watt hours) when uploading new settings to your dna 200. the mod will still vape just fine (as long as your batteries have a usable charge). a simple solution is to either perform a "soft reboot" from escribe in the "tools" drop down menu or just take a battery out and put it back in. just know it may take more than one attempt with either of my suggestions. you could also let the mod go to sleep and the capacity should reset/readjust itself to read the correct capacity left in your batts. it's not your Lg's that are causing the problem. 

Currently running SP3.

Allright, I'll try what you suggested and cpme back with the results!

Oh also I forgot to add that the issue has been noticed only when the batteries were 30% or lower. 

Also, the escribe is not doing the reboots i'm asking it to do. It says command for soft reboot issued or smthing like that, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the reply man!

I'm running SP3. And for me an issue with the battery meter is not related to uploading new settings. The battery discharges to 3.5V (the meter shows about 20%) -> mod goes to sleep -> after turning it on the battery meter shows 0%. After that the mod is working fine until full discharge, but the meter is showing 0% (sleep mode does not reset capacity). All of my mods (Panzer, Triade, Reuleaux) have this issue. 

Alex.Z said:

I'm running SP3. And for me an issue with the battery meter is not related to uploading new settings. The battery discharges to 3.5V (the meter shows about 20%) -> mod goes to sleep -> after turning it on the battery meter shows 0%. After that the mod is working fine until full discharge, but the meter is showing 0% (sleep mode does not reset capacity). All of my mods (Panzer, Triade, Reuleaux) have this issue. 

try using the new SP4 update. 

It's the same issue for me, noticed it 2 more times after charging and discharging it.
Even charged it through the device to see if there's anything wrong with the balanced charging (unlikely though). Seems ok.

SP4 did not fix the 0% issue for me either, nor has anything I tried so far. But its not that big of a deal I guess, the soft cutoff prevents the mod from further discharging the batteries and it shows "low battery" when it should. 

Now the paint has started wearing off from my mod and I am pissed :( such a beautiful device with so cheap a paint job. Anyways, this is not an issue for this subject :)

Ty to all who answered!

I've been thinking about this ^^^ for a while but have only a guess....here it be.
After sleep the mod displays what the % actually is (the zero) which is derived by it's battery settings (Wh or battery CSV, or both). So if one/both are not quite correct the accuracy of end result will be off.
I'm just guessing here...........

dwcraig1 said:

I've been thinking about this ^^^ for a while but have only a guess....here it be.
After sleep the mod displays what the % actually is (the zero) which is derived by it's battery settings (Wh or battery CSV, or both). So if one/both are not quite correct the accuracy of end result will be off.
I'm just guessing here...........

I've used the battery analyzer for all my devices. The battery meter worked flawlessly before SP3. 3.5V seems to be a "magic number" for 0%. And I have no idea why...

Also, I have this bug with 0%. Neither helped pulling out the batteries for a long time, do not download the profile batteries.
Is evolv will not solve the problem, or they may not know about this error?
Or maybe there are other ways that we mere mortals do not know. :-)
Such a company with such a card is not cheap and a children's glitch. Even Chinese companies do not suffer from this bug.

Welcome to the forum @headbay. You're on the evolvapor site in their forum. Of course they know about this error/glitch. You are actually in a thread regarding this very issue. The famous moderators have given their workarounds and also said you may need to follow their suggestions multiple times. 

The card is not cheap and that's because we have an active vendor, a 1 year warranty, and one of the best Temp Control experiences in the industry, everything a Chinese company does not offer. Maybe like those Chinese companies, their efforts are being used to create the 'Flappy Bird' game in the next update.