Charging issues

ravin187

Hi,

would love some help on an issue I'm having....

when charging my lost vapes efusion duo my device keeps stopping charging then starts again over an over.  it eventually charges in full but is slow as it keeps starting and stopping.

I've tried multiple cables and plugs (into the wall).  Seems to only happen with 1 amp cords?  and here is the most important part.... NOT everytime I charge it!!!!

any guidance would be helpful!  thanks

I'm not sure what the problem is but the device does monitor board temperature and if too warm will cut off the charging. Sorry but I don't know what the numbers are. Check in Device Monitor what the temps are during charging and post it.
Oh, pretty hard to do with a wall charger...duh
On 2nd thought you can set the screen to show board temp

I can get 1.97 A from USB3 ports on my laptop with a good cable, I prefer measuring in watts and get 9 W from USB3 with my best cable, 9.6 W is the best I have got from a supply, 10 W is the theoretical max (2 A @ 5 V).  A average cable like the one that came with my Samsung Mini S3 drops that drastically, 5.5 W from USB3.

This is the Samsung Mini S3 cable (800 mm long) on the first half, I guess a fairly average USB cable and a cheap flat short (200 mm) USB cable on the right which charges at a much higher rate.

avg_vs_good_chg_cable.png 

VapingBad said:

I can get 1.97 A from USB3 ports on my laptop with a good cable, I prefer measuring in watts and get 9 W from USB3 with my best cable, 9.6 W is the best I have got from a supply, 10 W is the theoretical max (2 A @ 5 V).  A average cable like the one that came with my Samsung Mini S3 drops that drastically, 5.5 W from USB3.

the cables I have are 2 amp rated.  but my usb ports aren't usb3....

dwcraig1 said:

I'm not sure what the problem is but the device does monitor board temperature and if too warm will cut off the charging. Sorry but I don't know what the numbers are. Check in Device Monitor what the temps are during charging and post it.
Oh, pretty hard to do with a wall charger...duh
On 2nd thought you can set the screen to show board temp

my crappy computer would only charge at .5 amps but the board temp was 84 degrees. I've tried charging it with the back off and the battery pack hanging out to get more air flow around the board and it's still starting/stopping.  it doesn't feel hot... to my extremely uncalibrated finger.

put the temp on the screen for charging.  and it's been going a while and is at 93.4 and working fine...  I have never gotten a "too hot" error.