Hcigar VT200 is draining my battery while idle

JimzDogz

I have a Hcigar VT200 with a problem and I'm out of ideas what to do. The problem has two aspects that my be connected. First, the mod will not wake from sleep mode unless I plug it into the USB charger. Second, While monitoring the charging, I see it appear to start charging. Then, when it gets around 6 wh charge the charge suddenly dropped to around 2 wh. From that point on the battery drains even when plugged into escribe, with no atomizer installed.  The watt hours will get down .01 wh and the cell voltages get down to about 2.6v. I have replaced the original battery with a new battery and the same thing happened to it. When I first installed the new battery it appeared as if the problem had been solved. It woke from sleep without being plugged into the USB. Then I hooked up to Escribe to monitor the battery charging and  the same thing happened. It now appears that the dna200 and e-scribe are killing my batteries. I have 7 DNA200 chips sitting on my desk that I bought to put into mods for myself and friends. But, at this point I'm not very confident about using them.

I have the exact same issue, tried your troubleshooting methods. After which gave up and created a ticket and RMA'd the chip, from what Nick had told me its an "interesting" issue hence prompting me to send the chip instead of going back to vendor.

On the other hand it seems to drain and heats up on idle, not entirely sure if the batteries are killed as I've tested the battery on other mod which worked fine. Higher chance the chip's capacitors are doing something funky within which we'll not know unless full component and layout is given. (Something not advisable to do for a company)

I tested my batteries after removing them from the mod, to see if I was getting a wonky reading. But my multi meter confirmed the readings from E-scribe. I was really concerned that the battery would drain to the point that it became unstable. I wish that I could just return it for a refund. But that's not likely to happen because I bought it from  Gearbest. They want me to make a Youtube video and post it so they can view it online before even discussing a store credit or return for repair. I've never made a video and the only video recorder I have is a Iphone. Oh, and they have quality requirements for the video as well. I will never buy from Gearbest again.

I just tried to reboot my device, but it didn't work. It just resumed discharging my battery when I hooked up to Escribe. The cells are now seriously out of balance as well. The (1) cell is down to 1.8v and (2&3) cells are at 2.8v. I'm going to remove the battery and put it in a safe container, I think it my be getting dangerously unbalanced and undercharged. This sucks.

JimzDogz said:

I tested my batteries after removing them from the mod, to see if I was getting a wonky reading. But my multi meter confirmed the readings from E-scribe. I was really concerned that the battery would drain to the point that it became unstable. I wish that I could just return it for a refund. But that's not likely to happen because I bought it from  Gearbest. They want me to make a Youtube video and post it so they can view it online before even discussing a store credit or return for repair. I've never made a video and the only video recorder I have is a Iphone. Oh, and they have quality requirements for the video as well. I will never buy from Gearbest again.

Gearbest is well known for trying to discourage there customers to persude the refund claim after you make the video they will find something else for you to do. If you check the Internet you will find that 50% of there customers is dissatisfied with Gearbest.
When I buy from China shops I always use Paypal, because I then have some security and help if things go wrong.

JimzDogz said:

Wow, sorry to hear that Gearbest is giving you so much grief.  I just made my 1st purchase from Gearbest.... 3 drip tips.  I always use PayPal.  That way if something happens, PayPal will assist you and at least get your money back very quickly.  Fasttech has been very good to me.  I purchased a Vamo a few years back.  It died 60 days after I had it.  Fasttech has a 45 day warranted.  I sent them an email, and they replaced the device .. no questions asked.  Now that is good customer service IMO.

From what I'm hearing from all of the Hcigar VT200 users, there are quite a few that are having problems with their devices.   We just can't win :(

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

i have a similar issue with my VT200, battery drains like crazy on idle : the voltage though is good am seeing 3 cells at 4.1 but the what hour is constantly droping and i recieve weak battery more often even at 13% 
yesterday i was trying to puff at 19 watts with 17% of the battery and all of a sudden it gave me low battery with 0%, when i hooked it to escribe it showed 3 cells at 3.57 volts but 0 what hour :(
any idea what that is ?

• 1 month later...