Mod not detecting atomizer

dj_g14

Hi, I recently had a catastrophic failure of a DNA200 device and am waiting for that issue to be resolved, so in the interim, I bought myself cheap DNA75 mod (HCigar VT75 Nano), about a month ago. This was a large mistake as the mod broke down very quickly (hinge that holds battery screw plate snapped right off, threads stripped) but the mod still worked fine it was just tricky to change batteries. So, fast forward to a week later and all of the sudden I screw in an atomizer, and the display is showing 0.00 ohms. I pressed the fire button several times, and each time I see the voltage go up to 0.01V for half a second, then the wattage goes down to 0.00W on the display, and it stays in that state for about 1.5 seconds, after which, the screen flashes "check atomizer". I tested 6 different atomizers, all with proper electrical connections, some even with adjustable 510 pins which I made stick out farther just in case. I experienced the EXACT same error each time with each different atomizer so I ruled that out, especially since my old SMOK X CUBE II detected the atomizers properly (thought of that later). So I decided to disassemble the device and clean out with 99% isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) of course excluding the board, which I just wiped down with an anti static cleaning rag. I made sure to clean out any e-juice from EVERY nook and cranny. I then reassembled the device (by the way, the internals of the mod were fine, nothing broken there) and tested it only to see the exact same error, ugh. So I'm in a panic cause now both my DNA devices are broken and Evolv refuses to communicate with me on my DNA 200 issue, which almost burned my house down, but I want to focus on the DNA75 right now cause I'm pretty sure the board is dead. I didn't know the proper forum to put this in, so I apologise if it is in the wrong one, I will post to general discussion as well. Any help fixing this would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my long post!

Ah sorry I made a mistake there, I meant to say HCigar not Evolv, they have been gracious and offered an RMA but I would prefer to find a fix because: 1. That would leave me without any mods for a long time 2. I live in Canada so not only will postage be slow but also expensive

@dj_g14 Once you believe it's not a board issue, Fasttech in China. When I order from them, and I'm on the East side of Toronto, they arrive anywhere from 8 days to 2 weeks later from once I see it appears as being shipped. Remember they're filling all their Black Friday orders right now. Good luck.

Oh yeah I use fasttech all the time actually I'm currently waiting on a huge order, wish I knew that before haha. They're selling lost vape's triade DNA250 for a great price I just picked one up but it's gonna take a while to get here. What shipping method do you use? And do you ever have to pay customs? I never paid customs up until recently they slammed me with like $80 in fees. I'm in west Toronto actually. Thanks for the info, wish I could tell somehow myself if it is the board or not.