Got a quick question for the DNA gurus...

jamtwo

Got a question for the DNA gurus lurking around here. I have a homemade DNA200 mod with a 950 mAh lipo. Once my battery hits 19/20% life it will no longer fire up to the watts I have the device set at (currently 95w). Then, it would seem after letting it sit for an hour or so, once I power it back on the battery life reads at 0%. Everything else works wonderfully, it's just this issue when the battery gets low. I'm not sure if perhaps it's a safety setting in Escribe to keep the battery from getting too low but I'd like to have some idea of what's going on. Thanks!

I suspect if you change your Watt Hours setting to 80% of the current value it will all work fine, that would suit your vaping style and make the battery gauge more accurate for you.  This is probably because you vape at over twice the power battery analyser is normally run at and are using setting from that, an ageing battery would also partially explain it. 

Thanks for the help, here are a few pictures from the Mod tab (sorry for the multiple pictures, I use a Mac normally so I use a crappy netbook for my Escribe lol). The only thing I changed when I hooked it up besides themes was the what hour calculator, I changed it from 1300mAh to 950mAh.

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

You might try changing the Watt hours to about 9.0 watt/hours. This should help with the battery bar’s relative reading.

Nothing to do with the battery bar but these thoughts may give better performance and accuracy.  Noticed you have the Evolv default values for the rest of the settings.  If you want you could run the Case Analyzer and also measure the mod’s internal resistance and set the Mod Resistance.