Therion DNA 75 Owners

NoEyeDeer

Hi everyone Ive had a Therion DNA 75w mod for a couple of days now and so far I'm pretty happy with it. Feels like a quality piece of kit, great battery life, and looks pretty sweet. There is one issue and I was hoping to get some feedback from other Therion owners. The issue is with putting in and taking out the batteries. I usually do this every morning and Ive found that it's really difficult to put them in and take them out. So far Ive torn the wrapping of two batteries when taking out the inner battery. Batteries are still usable but it's annoying and this should be easy to do and not feel like I'm fighting with the mod. Have you guys found a way to do this nice and smoothly? Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks - happy Sunday

It's like that - Some worst than others

It's on my to-do list to disassemble and cut a bit of that plastic - but then we must be extremely cautious to put battery on exact orientation.

Right now i'm charging batteries in the mod as i have other DNA's to use and it actually charges faster than my external charger.

Other than that it is a great mod.

Your SS profiles are right? Mine came with wrong profiles, but that's easy to solve.

• 2 weeks later...

getting the inner battery in & out is a pain, but after 3 months of use and about 6 re-wraps later i've managed to get the hang of things without scuffing up the battery sleeve...

what works for me is to insert the inner battery from the left side, as upright as possible, simultaneously pushing it down against the negative spring contact and sliding it in. taking out the inner battery i simultaneously push it down against the negative spring contact and pull the ribbon to the left side, popping the battery off easily. same goes for the outer battery. the trick is to keep the battery as upright as possible.

what works for me is to insert the inner battery from the left side, as upright as possible, simultaneously pushing it down against the negative spring contact and sliding it in. taking out the inner battery i simultaneously push it down against the negative spring contact and pull the ribbon to the left side, popping the battery off easily. same goes for the outer battery. the trick is to keep the battery as upright as possible.

Tried this and liked it.This works for me as well.

• 3 weeks later...

What has worked for me is the same as the video on YT about how to get the batteries our of the Triade.
1. Push the spring loaded side all the way down about 100-150 times. Sounds like a lot but if an old guy like me can do it you can.
2. The front one should be pretty easy to get out now just pulling from the open side, the back one put the ribbon all the way to the top and pull in a downward motion also towards the open side.
 I did this and have torn no more battery wraps since, you can also use the ribbon that way on the front battery but I found after I did the spring thingy I didn't need to.

Just picked up one of these. Damn fine piece of gear if I do say so myself. TC on SS316L was quirky at first but it's smooth sailing now. Well built, heavy (I like that), and the DNA75 is as advertised for me so far As far as the batteries, I find the ribbon is the key for the back one. When you install the battery try to get the ribbon up toward the positive terminal as previously mentioned, and if you get it right it comes out fairly easily. In a nutshell, shut up and give your favorite vape supply store your money. Worth every penny.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was reading over the problems everyone has with SS316L and temp control. I too have noticed that with the temperature set at say, 450F it seems to be a cool and airy vape, like it's not hot enough. So I decided to check it out with my handy little FLiR gun...  

FLIR0282.jpg 
It seemed to be lower than the set point at first (this was @450F) but I soon realized that it the vapor will throw it off if it's in the area of the focal point...

FLIR0288.jpg 
So I set it @ 475F and got close up to the coil, so the vapor wouldn't throw it off... Seemed pretty close then. Oddly enough, at 475 it's a cool vape (IMHO) and that I now see why some folks have theirs set at 500 and above.

Haven't tried Ti yet or anything else.

Very impressive results, it is average temp across the coil.  SS is the most challenging so your results would only get better, if you are of a mind to play about it may be interesting to see if coils dimensions or resistance have much effect, but only if you want to.  What I think is one of the most important things is how stable it sits at a temperature as wire grades could vary in TCR.

As for seeming cool, it could be you got used to a mod that regulates less smoothly and/or you need more contact area between the coils and wick (6 turns at 450 F make more vapour than 5), it could also be airflow or wicking, but you would probably spotted those straight away.

Interesting post Swerved :thumb: