Curious behavior with batteries rotation - Wismec DNA 200

thomasck

Hi buds, all good?

I'm facing some strange behaviors when I remove empty batteries and replace for 03 charged ones.

Lets say, I have 02 sets of LG HG2 which are used only on the dna200. Right now I removed the almost empty set of "1, 2 and 3" and replaced with a new set, the "X, Y and Z".

So, this time Z should be the 1st battery to be inserted, after Y, and last X. What happens? Nothing the mod did not start. Ok, pushed a little bit more, nothing. Removed all of them, replaced all in same order, nothing. Then again, removed all, swapped Z for Y, and last one inserted was X. The mod did start!

But its time for the Z be the 1st one in the rotation, so I removed all again, and placed all as the same way when the mod did not start, and what happened? It started normally!

I've noticed this behavior before, not only with the XYZ set but also with the 123 set. Seems lot odd to me, and 1st thought was, I have at least one defective battery, but device monitor shows normal volts for all of them in both sets, and also when I remove to charge in a external charger, they have basically same voltage, around 3.30V, and all of them finish charging almost at the same time. Also, I got same performance, around 400 puffs at 270 Celsius, 55w with preheat of 65 @ 0,5s with both sets.

So,any ideas why this happens?

No, I have had one for over a year I think and not seen that, occasionally I accidentally press fire while fitting the batteries and get an error press up or down to continue message and it always clears. I do always put the cells in in the same order, left back, right back then front and use 3 sets of VTC4s.

dwcraig1 said:

Rotating the cells of the pack when in a series serves no purpose like it would if they were in a parallel, if they work best in a particular order you might consider installing them that way every time.

It would be the opposite, no? In parallel does not matter if is rotated or not, in series, matters..

thomasck said:

It would be the opposite, no? In parallel does not matter if is rotated or not, in series, matters..

Neither matter, they will allays all be at the same current (series) or the same voltage (parallel), the only way it could matter the position of some cells were hotter than others which could cause them to ages at different rates.