Mad modder dna 250 screen problem

morphflow

Hello all. So here's my case.A relative of mine living in the US was travelling to Europe (Greece in particular),so i grabbed the chance and ordered a mad modder dna 250 2250mah box.About a month later (late December 2016) i had it in my hands.Worked great until today.Suddenly the bottom of the screen has lines/dots,looks like mors code.These lines/dots are all more luminous than the rest of the screen.I am attaching 2 pics. Ps. Since i live in Europe,it would be a pain to send it back,so any idea/solution that i could pull off would be really welcome. Thanks

20170117_171634.jpg

20170117_171608.jpg

hum.....  any suggestion except doing a soft or hard reboot (save .ecig file first) would involve opening up the device (voiding the warranty). The issue could be as easy as replacing the display, making sure the ribbon connector is properly engaged, checking the ribbon cable for damage by being to close to the fire button, and etc.  It might be good to contact MAD Modder first and explain the issue.  They may guide you a bit and/or ask you send the device to them for warranty.  I just read their warranty and got their contact link. Here is their warranty info and contact link:

Warranty

All mods have a one year warranty on the Dna boards and lifetime on the Lipo battery, switch and 510. Lipo warranty is pending approval by Maxamps who is the battery manufacture and has certain guidelines on their lifetime warranty they provide me on the batteries,.

Returns

As each mod is custom built the returns of such items are limited to adjustment or repair of any item..

http://www.madmodderstudios.com/contact.html

retird said:

hum.....  any suggestion except doing a soft or hard reboot (save .ecig file first) would involve opening up the device (voiding the warranty). The issue could be as easy as replacing the display, making sure the ribbon connector is properly engaged, checking the ribbon cable for damage by being to close to the fire button, and etc.  It might be good to contact MAD Modder first and explain the issue.  They may guide you a bit and/or ask you send the device to them for warranty.  I just read their warranty and got their contact link. Here is their warranty info and contact link:

Warranty

All mods have a one year warranty on the Dna boards and lifetime on the Lipo battery, switch and 510. Lipo warranty is pending approval by Maxamps who is the battery manufacture and has certain guidelines on their lifetime warranty they provide me on the batteries,.

Returns

As each mod is custom built the returns of such items are limited to adjustment or repair of any item..

http://www.madmodderstudios.com/contact.html

Thanks for the quick reply.I have already contacted mad modder about my issue,he said that it appears to be a defective screen and to send it back for replacement.I asked him if he will cover the postal charge from USA to Greece and I'm waiting for a reply.For me to send it back,will cost something like 60 bucks :-((

Yep, shipping is not cheap......  from what I've read today on their web site it seems they are good folks...  They also say this:

About Us

Thanks for choosing Mad Modder. At Mad Modder I custom build each and every mod personally. I take customer service and satisfaction very seriously. I have been supplying the world with box mods since 2012. I take pride in every mod I build. Check out my Facebook group Mad Modder. Always feel free to PM me or send me a message at >>>>>acman8675@gmail.com

Understand your position.  Displays are inexpensive and easy to replace (if that is the problem) if one has the ability but what about voiding the warranty? A one year warranty is very good protection against any unforeseen future issues.  As they say.....DECISIONS.....DECISIONS.... :)  Shipping costs are charged both ways (to and from Greece).

What was meant is that it cost to ship from Greece to the USA and it cost to ship it from USA back to Greece thus two shipping costs will be paid in total.  From my experience some companies pay shipping both ways and others pay to ship it back after customer pays shipping to the company to get warranty work done. Yet other companies (fewer in number) require the customer to pay shipping both ways. From my experience the majority of my dealings is that I paid the shipping to the company and they paid to ship it back to me and fewer companies have paid the total shipping cost (both ways) for me. Companies have set their shipping policy and work with the customer directly, indirectly, or not at all depending on the company.  Bottom line is that shipping policies are all-over-the-map.... :)

retird said:

What was meant is that it cost to ship from Greece to the USA and it cost to ship it from USA back to Greece thus two shipping costs will be paid in total.  From my experience some companies pay shipping both ways and others pay to ship it back after customer pays shipping to the company to get warranty work done. Yet other companies (fewer in number) require the customer to pay shipping both ways. From my experience the majority of my dealings is that I paid the shipping to the company and they paid to ship it back to me and fewer companies have paid the total shipping cost (both ways) for me. Companies have set their shipping policy and work with the customer directly, indirectly, or not at all depending on the company.  Bottom line is that shipping policies are all-over-the-map.... :)

Thanks for shedding some light concerning shipping policies,this probably leads me to the decision to send it back,only in the case they pay the cost to send it to me afterwards ;-)Because otherwise it will be more than 100 $,which for me is not worth it. Thanks

@morphflow if you find it's not worth it after speaking with Madmodder, order yourself a replacement screen ($12 USD here), and try to do it yourself. Screen replacement, after getting to the board itself, is at most a generous 1 minute job. Lift tab, pull out old screen's wire, insert new cable, push tab down, reassemble mod. Or find a hobby/electronics repair that would do that for you locally.  

Wayneo said:

@morphflow if you find it's not worth it after speaking with Madmodder, order yourself a replacement screen ($12 USD here), and try to do it yourself. Screen replacement, after getting to the board itself, is at most a generous 1 minute job. Lift tab, pull out old screen's wire, insert new cable, push tab down, reassemble mod. Or find a hobby/electronics repair that would do that for you locally.  

Yeah thought of that too,we'll see how it turns out.On my first email to them,they replied very soon,suggesting me to return it.Second email i asked about the shipping policy.Still waiting for an answer..