Battery indikator

badrudin

badrudin said:

why battery indicator in dna I do not want to ride if you are using an external charger but if using usb charger can ride? with mod hcigar vt250 why me?

welcome to the forum badrudin. i am having trouble understanding your question. maybe post the question in your native language and we'll give that a try.

when you put the freshly charged cells inside the mod you can either wait for the device to go to sleep. the device will recognize that it needs to adjust the batter meter and will only due this when the device has been idle for a while. next option is, perform a "soft reboot" or "hard reboot" under the "diagnostics" drop down menu, through EScribe. this should reset your battery meter to reflect the actual charge level. 

badrudin said:

how long does it take a new cell configuration?

if you're asking how long until the meter shows the correct capacity left in the cells, it shouldn't take more than an hour sitting idle. Are you still having problems with the battery bar showing the incorrect capacity with freshly charged cells?

I'm having the same problem with one of my dna 167 mods. It's reading freshly charged batteries at 85%. The first time it did it I tried the soft reboot and that worked but it doesn't seem to be working this time. Not sure what to do now. The same batteries are showing 100% in my other dna 167 mod.

DrChud said:

I'm having the same problem with one of my dna 167 mods. It's reading freshly charged batteries at 85%. The first time it did it I tried the soft reboot and that worked but it doesn't seem to be working this time. Not sure what to do now. The same batteries are showing 100% in my other dna 167 mod.

is the watt hour set correctly? what CSV battery curve are you using, if any?

DrChud said:

Finally i got finished the problem 1 go to escribe> options> user interface> manufacturer 2 select MOD 3 change the settings maximize maximize puffs into recharges 4 upload settings to devices

Yeah it's set correctly I think. I have the watt hour set the same on both mods. I'm using sony vtc5a's and it's set to 38.48 with two cells. I very new to this and not all that sure what I'm doing. I haven't uploaded any CSV battery curves, I'm using the settings it came with. I have a vt 167 and a finder 167. The vt is the one that is out.

DrChud said:

Yeah it's set correctly I think. I have the watt hour set the same on both mods. I'm using sony vtc5a's and it's set to 38.48 with two cells. I very new to this and not all that sure what I'm doing. I haven't uploaded any CSV battery curves, I'm using the settings it came with. I have a vt 167 and a finder 167. The vt is the one that is out.

You must Try change MAXIMIZE PUFFS to MAXIMIZE RECHARGES, cause on my mod it works bro, even i no sett curves and CSV battery

I just tried that and it didn't make a difference. Both batteries are showing the correct voltage but watt hours are showing as 32 in device monitor. When I put the same batteries in the other mod they say 4.20V and 38 watt hours. It seems to be working fine though. 

DrChud said:

I just tried that and it didn't make a difference. Both batteries are showing the correct voltage but watt hours are showing as 32 in device monitor. When I put the same batteries in the other mod they say 4.20V and 38 watt hours. It seems to be working fine though. 

trying to do the calculation and input watt hours MAH with the appropriate capacity, if could I want to see his monitor device?

Those Wh's sound almost double what they should be for 2 cells...I believe the factory Wh settings for the vt167 is 18 & the finder is 22.2, which is a little high...18-19 is normal for 2 18650's...here is the .csv file for your batteries...load it into Escribe on the 'Mod' tab & set the Wh's for 19 & see if that helps...

csv Sony_VTC5a (2)_18650_3000 mah_19.96 Wh.csv    

Edit:  Be sure to upload to device after the changes...

badrudin said:

trying to do the calculation and input watt hours MAH with the appropriate capacity, if could I want to see his monitor device?

The calculator in Escribe usually gives a higher value than the true value...running the battery analyzer is the only way to get the proper Wh's...

giz_60 said:

The calculator in Escribe usually gives a higher value than the true value...running the battery analyzer is the only way to get the proper Wh's...

To be fair that would be the battery manufacture mAh rating, the calc in EScribe only has that to work with & I believe those ratings are normally for a 1 A load so you would expect to get far less vaping.

VapingBad said:

To be fair that would be the battery manufacture mAh rating, the calc in EScribe only has that to work with & I believe those ratings are normally for a 1 A load so you would expect to get far less vaping.

Agreed...manufacturers are known for over rating the mah's of their cells...any calculator you input the manufacturer's mah ratings into will give you the same results as Escribe's Wh calculator will... thankfully, Evolv gave us the battery analyzer, to help to achieve a more realistic value...