Weird screen disconnects jumping up

Jonnyw2k

Hi,

I think my screen cable is on the way out (noticed that the screen wasn't updating properly) so found the extra debug menu, and thought I would check the disconnects. While taking a puff it jumped from 54 to 122 just thought I would point it out. 

ScreenDisconnects.png 

Also is there anything I can do when installing the new screen to protect it from getting killed by the firebutton again?

Cheers

If the screen cable is not catching on the fire button it could be dirt, worth disconnection and giving a quick wipe with IPA or contact cleaner.  If the screen needs replacing all you need to do is keep the cable clear of the fire button, you can bend it round a wire or credit card, don't bend it repeatedly in the same spot and not within 1 mm of the glass.  You can fold the cable, but IMO bending is a bit safer.

So I wrapped some tape round the exposed metal on the ribbon cable in case it was just shorting and not actually broken (and to add some strength to the cable if its bending too much).
Appears to have fixed the screen disconnects:
Fixed.png 

My post originally was meant to be about the erroneous count number (jumping from around 50 to 120) though, not the fact I was getting disconnects.

@jonnyw2k Those screen disconnects count every single time it's encountered, and resets itself to zero IIRC upon removing the batteries or a stats reset (old and can't remember). I can go weeks with 0, then a rash of them, then back to zero. The count is not erroneous.