DNA 200 always check battery at 25%

lawtran

Hi All 

Im dna200's user. i just order a new lipo 1300 3cell 25c. Eveything working. But my device alway stop working at 25%. System report " check battery" 

When i connect device to Escribe , and going to device monitor i saw that problem: 
On cell 3 , at 25%, is always less more than cell 1 & 2. 

1.jpg 

Here my setup battery on Escribe 2.jpg 

So any one could tell me what happen with my dna. 

Thank alot 

@lawtran I'd suggest you run your own battery analyzer on that mod. For starters you've got 14.43 Wh's as your capacity, yet your battery curve is showing 16.6Wh battery. Easy to do, nothing special needed ..... just a bit of time. OR, just lower your Wh's

Wayneo said:

@lawtran I'd suggest you run your own battery analyzer on that mod. For starters you've got 14.43 Wh's as your capacity, yet your battery curve is showing 16.6Wh battery. Easy to do, nothing special needed ..... just a bit of time. OR, just lower your Wh's

Thank you for your suggestion! 1. I will try battery analyzer after full recharge. But when i run battery analyze. Must i have atomizer or not ? 2. After i run battery analyzer, will i change my battery capacitu to 16.6 wh ? Sorry my bad english Thank again !

lawtran said:

1. I will try battery analyzer after full recharge. But when i run battery analyze. Must i have atomizer or not ?

No. Your battery should be about half full before. Yes, just create some golf/tennis ball sized loops of wire. Search here if you want more detailed instructions. @Retird just posted a video about a week ago.

lawtran said:

2. After i run battery analyzer, will i change my battery capacitu to 16.6 wh ? Sorry my bad english Thank again !

No. You will save and load with accurate information for your mod/battery. Your english is fine.

Wayneo said:

No. Your battery should be about half full before. Yes, just create some golf/tennis ball sized loops of wire. Search here if you want more detailed instructions. @Retird just posted a video about a week ago.

No. You will save and load with accurate information for your mod/battery. Your english is fine.

Many thank for your help! 
I will try it on weekend! 

Actually , i have a mainboard read detail of lipo battery ! 
mach do pin Lipo.jpg 
By this , i could read total volt of lipo , volt each cell!

I'll try to calculate watt hour on paper. If it wont work. I will try battery analyzers

One more time, thank you for help 

lawtran said:

Thank you, but this picture have size only 75x100. I cant see anything. Could you re-upload another picture

Sorry...See if you can get the idea with this picture...as Wayneo stated,if you search 'Battery Analyzer' on this forum, there is a lot of info about it...

2529375.jpg 

lawtran said:

... I'll try to calculate watt hour on paper. If it wont work. I will try battery analyzers

Hey, If you only care about quick and dirty, just plug in your battery specs into battery analyzer and it'll give you an answer.

If you want accurate results for your battery, run battery analyzer like I suggested.

giz_60 said:

Sorry...See if you can get the idea with this picture...as Wayneo stated,if you search 'Battery Analyzer' on this forum, there is a lot of info about it...

2529375.jpg 

Thank alot. I alreay imaging about it!  i will use search function ! 

But before this i will try by this machine read detail of lipo battery and fix it. 
If not working, i will try battery analyzers on weekend! 

Draining uneven like that indicates a problem with the battery.
If they drained evenly when still new then cell #3 has become weak.
If new then cell #3 is either not been matched with the other 2 cells or the above.
There isn't much power left once a Lipo hits 3.4 volts (unloaded)

• Like 1

dwcraig1 said:

Draining uneven like that indicates a problem.
If they drained evenly when still new then cell #3 has become weak.
If new then cell #3 is either not been matched with the other 2 cells or the above.
There isn't much power left once a Lipo hits 3.4 volts (unloaded)

so this sound like i need purchase a new battery ? 

lawtran said:

so this sound like i need purchase a new battery ? 

If this problem only surfaces when the cells are below 3.6 volts unloaded it doesn't seem to be all that big of a problem (at least to me)
It's really hard on the cells to discharge them all the way down, you might consider charging sooner.
As the pack ages this is the kind of things that one starts to see, a new pack? Probably.

You hitting the cell soft cutoff resulting in the "check battery". I don't recommend lowering that, 3.09 is good.
Adjusting your curve and watt hours my get you closer to showing 0% when it's that low.
  • Like 1

dwcraig1 said:

If this problem only surfaces when the cells are below 3.6 volts unloaded it doesn't seem to be all that big of a problem (at least to me)
It's really hard on the cells to discharge them all the way down, you might consider charging sooner.
As the pack ages this is the kind of things that one starts to see, a new pack? Probably.

You hitting the cell soft cutoff resulting in the "check battery". I don't recommend lowering that, 3.09 is good.
Adjusting your curve and watt hours my get you closer to showing 0% when it's that low.

Hi bro! 

I try to use lipo battery low volt test reader buzz and get this result when battery fully chager : 

total: 12.1 

# 1: 4.02
#2: 4.02
#3: 4.05 

I think i should use battery analyzers on this night to to get watt hour closer to showing 0%.

Thank for your help