Feature Request - Puff limit, When Max puffs Reached device ask for 3 click to restore

Hello,

I think it would be really important for many people, an option that allows user to limit tendency to compulsive vaping, that e-cigs facilitates.
a good way is by modifying or extending the puff limit parameter that already exists. Allowing for example to set a "puff number limit", which if exceeded device stops and continue to show the message "puffs limiti Reached, 3 fast click to reset". So reset will restore previous max puff number limit, and the ability to puff, In this way user can have an increased perception of the quantitative level of vaping

Then I know that devices sometimes can't measure time correctly, so in the future you could then evaluate the additional option of Time limit parameter in conjunction with the puff limit parameter, such as strict mode that if flagged, when exceeded puffs limit, does not allow the Reset for a previously set number of minutes

I really hope you to consider this important request

thank you in advance for your attention

But...wouldn't the '3 fast click to reset' kind of defeat the whole purpose of setting a puff limit...the puff limit setting in the 'Research Tab' is there for this purpose, along with other useful limits. If user is wanting to track puffs per day, or have an increased perception of the quantitative level of vaping, you can always put 'Puff Count' on the devices display, which can be reset in Escribe or ecig stats...if the puff limit can be reset on the fly..that's no longer a limit

Concept It's not traking puff relative, I can quote a user who speaks about on an other plantform:

"[...] Again, that's not a problem of puff counting, but it's the same old story about the "endless cigarette".
Mods (and vaping in general) are some useful instruments to (maybe and possibly) quit smoking.
And there are some people that are in need of something that ends the vape session as it happens with normal cigs when they burn out naturally."

That's exactly the core concept.

Continuous cycle of a device which works long as the battery end, reduces the quantitative perception of vaping, promoting automatic and durable compulsive mechanisms. That's why often so many people have device -always- on hand, all day long minute by minute. The vaping session increases from a few minutes (as in analog cig) to the entire day, somethimes with few significant and real disruptions. So the ability of a device to automatically stop every (for example) 40 puff and back working on fast click, is a pratical way that really gives you the chance to understand how much are you smoking, and properly modulate their behavior. So I hope Evolv can help about this

So, now you have to keep count of how many times you have 'fast clicked' during the day to get a realistic idea of how much you are vaping?  Wait... I know...we can add a counter to keep track of how many times the re-set has been performed... Placing the puff counter on the display will give you a real time, actual count of how much you are vaping. I can understand where you are coming from & your point, but there are already features on the device that will give one the same info, so why duplicate them. Puff limit, a true limit, is a feature that is already available on the device.

prematurata said:

Read better post above, obviously point is not "to count or not to count", or "what" to count. Than if you dislike ok, that's you opinion and now I know:) no problem

prematurata said:

. Allowing for example to set a "puff number limit", which if exceeded device stops and continue to show the message "puffs limiti Reached, 3 fast click to reset". So reset will restore previous max puff number limit, and the ability to puff,

Puff number limit...is this not counting? And what to count?

Edit:  Maybe I am missing something...o.O

Doesn't your body/head give you a built in puff limit? A normal cigarette lasted me 8-10 minutes, and after that I was done.

Now, with my nicotine level set appropriately, I lose my 'craving' after the same 10 minutes or so. 'Or so' meaning that I no longer have to continually puff because there's no tobacco burning away without being inhaled. If I vape after more than 'that cigarette' my head will start to hurt/buzz/tingle.  

prematurata said:

@giz_60 you're drunk, or you're looking for a troll? pheraps the second one? Ask for a moderator

prematurata said:

@ giz_60 Don't think it will be a decision that is up to you, also told you that we understand your point of view, netiquette please and stop troll

lmfao.gif 

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry for resurrecting an old topic, but I think this should be looked at again. Having a puff limit makes a lot of sense. Though to be able to bypass it with a simple 3 button click would defeat the purpose. You could instead allow for a cool down time period that's set by the user. First it could say cut of at 20puffs for 10 minutes and then slowly extend the time so the person can learn to adjust to longer and longer vape breaks. I've been looknig for something like this for my DNA75 and can't find it.