Therion 166 temp control problem.

VapePanther

hello all, I just recieved my therion 166 in the mail yesterday and it has been working pretty well.  I am having a problem though. if i do some chain vaping on it, its like the temp gets stuck at whatever my max temp is set to and then when i try to hit it, it just says temp protection and I get no vapor.  I also have it set to show temperature not temp protections when it hits max temp, so im not sure why its showing that message instead of my curret temp.  If i then turn my temp up to 600f (have max temp set to 500f) and hit the fire button it shows at being at well over 500f even minutes after i have used it.

I have it set to 70w and 500f preheat is 95w for 1 sec using steam engines's 316L file (I initially had it set to 50w and 420f with the same results).  the wire im using is 3 core ss claptons from advanced vape and i have them spaced. the build is coming out to .12. 

Anyone have any advice on how to fix this problem?

Hi, could you post a few screen shots...

1.) Wire profile/settings screen
2.) Mod Tab screen
3.) Device Monitor while firing & having this issue...make sure you have 'Power', 'Power Set', 'Temperature', 'Temperature Set', 'Cold Ohms', 'Live Ohms' checked off...

The 'Temperature Protected' message can be turned off under the 'Theme' tab...

thanks for the reply. yes i did change temp protection to show temp in the setting thats why im not sure why its still showing that message. here are the screen shots you requested.

I havent gotten around to setting anything for the battery. do you happen to know what i should set it as? i am using nothing but hg2 sets in this device. 

Wire Profile.png  Mod Screen.png  DM shot.png 

Looks like it is kicking out of TC into Power mode...I would check all my connections really good..very tight screws on deck..be sure 510 on both atty & mod are clean...maybe with some iso alcohol...at top of screen, go to 'Options>User Interface. & select manufacturer..it will give you more settings in the 'Mod' tab...need to see what everything else is set at...you will also be able to load battery curve .csv as well....below is the .csv for 2 LG HG2's...

csv LG_HG2 (2)_18650_3000 mah_18.75 Wh.csv     

giz_60 said:

When you changed the temp protected to show temp, are you sure you uploaded to the device...I just changed it on my Therion 166 & it doesn't show the message if I change it to show temp...

Yes I did upload it to the device.  It normally does show my current temp when at max temp, it is only when the device gets "stuck" at max wattage and i press the fire button does it show temp protection.

If you look at the screen shot you posted of Device Monitor, you can see the live ohms, while firing, are fluctuating, which usually means there is some sort of connection issue. I would double check you screws as well because metal can expand & contract & cause the connection to become loose...along with cleaning

giz_60 said:

If you look at the screen shot you posted of Device Monitor, you can see the live ohms, while firing, are fluctuating, which usually means there is some sort of connection issue. I would double check you screws as well because metal can expand & contract & cause the connection to become loose...along with cleaning

Ok I will tighten my screws and clean my pins, and see if that fixes this.  Thank you again for your help and the csv.

retird said:

hum, I would have thought LV would had at least ran Case Analyzer on the device and set accordingly,... oh well, not a part of this issue but just noted....  

You would think...the only LV mod I have that came with case thermals set was the Triade...Therion & Skar had Evolv defaults...

Wayneo said:

@VapePanther You posted profile 1 which looks good for TC. Your Device Monitor showed you were using Profile 2.

Please Device Monitor while firing showing Profile 1

lol...

trying to get it to lock up again.  I just tightened the screws down.  ill post a screen shot of the correct profile device manager here in a minute.

Not a problem...glad to help & great that you got it working...stable connections are extremely important in TC on the DNA devices...:thumb::thumb:  You will need to run the case analyzer sometime to get the proper values for your device...just make sure your batteries are at least 50% discharged, if not more...will take awhile...I usually start it before I go to bed...

giz_60 said:

Not a problem...glad to help & great that you got it working...stable connections are extremely important in TC on the DNA devices...:thumb::thumb:  You will need to run the case analyzer sometime to get the proper values for your device...just make sure your batteries are at least 50% discharged, if not more...will take awhile...I usually start it before I go to bed...

I see that lol, they were pretty tight but one of them I was able to snug up a bit. I'll run the analyzer here in a few hours my batteries should be down to 25% by then. Is the case analyzer a one time thing or do I need to run it every so often?