Deleting Or Renaming Available Materials In Escribe

I looked & didn't find a thread or info on this. When I try to either delete unnecessary materials or rename materials in the 'Available Materials' list in Escribe, upon restarting the software the materials are back & the names have been changed back to the previous names. I have saved everything prior to shutting Escribe down. This is only happening in the 'Available Materials' list, not the 'Materials on Device' list. Seems like, if you delete or change something it should restart with the same list as you left it, or am I missing something here? The first screenshot attached is of a fresh start of Escribe...screenshot 2 is of after the deletions & screenshot 3 is of a fresh restart of Escribe. These are after trying to delete materials. The same thing happens if trying to rename a material.

Edit: Forgot to add that this happening in both 75 & 250 versions

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Saving by going to 'File' save as & saving as a different profile name to keep the difference setting. None of the ones I am trying to delete/rename are being used in a profile. This only happening on the 'Available Materials' list. The materials on the 'Materials on Device' are the only ones being used in profiles.

I save the .ecig files for the device & for Escribe every time I make any changes so as to be able to roll back to previous settings in case of a major mistake or something I didn't like. The materials I am trying to delete, from the 'Available Materials' list don't even show up as an option when setting up profiles because they are not on the 'Material on Device' list. These are a couple of materials that I will never use & was wanting to just remove from the 'Available Materials' list. When I realized that deleting them wasn't working, I tried renaming them instead & even that didn't work because upon restarting Escribe, the names were reverted back to the names prior to my changing them. If you take a look at the screen shots again, you will see that I am attempting to remove...SS316 & watts. If I delete or rename them in the 'Available Materials' list, when I restart Escribe, they are back as before.

Try adding a material with the name you want to the "available" with no device connected (with the csv you want).  See if it shows up after opening EScribe again without any device connected. Connect device again and see if it is still listed in "available". Add the material to the materials on the device. Check that the proper material name is in the related profile. Once you add the material with the name you want you can delete the materials you don't want I think. I'm not sure that certain materials in the "available" can't be deleted by default....

I think you are correct about not being able to be deleted by default...I started Escribe with out a device & only got the pre-loaded materials that comes with Escribe. Did all the deleting again & when restarted Escribe, they were back. Seems like we should be able to delete materials we don't want or are never going to use, but I guess not...Looks like you can only delete materials that have been added to the list by the user. I appreciate you time & input on this. Have a wonderful weekend!!  :)

• 2 months later...

Hello guys,
Actually I'm only able to do this on DNA250 (in a Lost Vape Triade). When I connect the Skar DNA75 (also from Lost Vape), it doesn't allow me to delete materials. I think this annoying, I don't know whether this is a limitation by evolv or it is Lost Vape putting a touch.
Anybody have a work around?

KarimDNA250 said:

Hello guys,
Actually I'm only able to do this on DNA250 (in a Lost Vape Triade). When I connect the Skar DNA75 (also from Lost Vape), it doesn't allow me to delete materials. I think this annoying, I don't know whether this is a limitation by evolv or it is Lost Vape putting a touch.
Anybody have a work around?

Are you talking about on the 'Available Materials' list or 'Materials on Device' list?