DUAL (2S) SONY VTC5A BATTERY CURVE

For people who need the battery curve (CSV) for TWO Sony VTC5A batteries (brand new), below is my result from running Battery Analyzer. This test was ran using a Vaporshark Vaporflask DNA133 set to the maximum of 108 watts (because of the 6v limit) with .33 ohm load.

Sony VTC5A Battery Curve (2S)

THEIR CAPACITY (WATT HOURS) IS - 14.051

I USED A "CELL SOFT CUTOFF" OF - 2.6V

csv 2S Sony VTC5A Battery Curve (14.051).csv    

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ez.valdez said:

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to DNA's and I'm looking for a little advice. I have a Boxer DNA 167(250) and I'm using 2 SONY VTC5A batteries. Using the setting above, do I also set the Kanthal Power Limit to 167? I assume so but just wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance. 

welcome to the forum ez.valdez. yes, set the max knathal limit to 167 when using the DNA 250 in 2 cell operation.

• 3 weeks later...
Theplasticbling said:

Hey everyone. Im currently using dual vtc5a's in my finder 133, and the batter indicator seems to be off. Escribe says my batterys are at 3.51 volts but the indicator is still at the very bottom. I used 14.051 for my watt hours. Is this normal? Thanks.

did you use the CSV along with the watt hour setting?

ChunkyButt200 said:

you're saying you're still able to vape for a lot longer, even after the battery bar is empty? increase the watt hour value. up it to 15 or 16 somewhere around there.

Correct, for a while actually. Shouldn't they be the same as yours tho? They are brand new vtc5a's? Edit: the batteries finally died and I threw them on an external charger, they went all the way down to 3.1 and 3.14 volts. I've never seen any batter go that low on any of my mods. Is that safe? Do you think my batteries are damaged from going that low? I used all the settings you used so I'm kind of lost. Am I having issues because I didn't fully charge my batteries before putting them in my mod? I put them straight in when they came in the mail.

VapingBad said:

That's fine, they are usually specified down to 2.5 V resting voltage,  they would have been around 40% charge when you got them so yes that would explain your issue.

Ok thanks for the info, so just to be clear after throwing them in the mod fully charged it should be accurate, and the batteries normally drain to that level and no damage was done?

Theplasticbling said:

Ok thanks for the info, so just to be clear after throwing them in the mod fully charged it should be accurate, and the batteries normally drain to that level and no damage was done?

Yes to all and they will drain to low 3 point something volts, mainly this is from the low cut off setting that is the min voltage under load where the board reduces power to protect your battery and you would never drain your batteries that low.

Hi guys. I am new to the forum and i have some issues. I ve build a dna250 box 2×18650s lg hg2. Set it to 3.02 scc at first. The problem is i dont get the battery weak notification even the bar is completly empty. I ve changed the scc to 3.2 v but nothing. Allso when the batt bar goes from half and below the power is very weak. Any help? Thanks in advance. Ps. Sorry if my english ar not good

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the settings above for the 2 Cell VTC5A's on my 250 set up  and get weak battery too at like 40% Battery life. .28ohm Build at 100w. Does that sound normal?

Apithanos said:

Hi guys. I am new to the forum and i have some issues. I ve build a dna250 box 2×18650s lg hg2. Set it to 3.02 scc at first. The problem is i dont get the battery weak notification even the bar is completly empty. I ve changed the scc to 3.2 v but nothing. Allso when the batt bar goes from half and below the power is very weak. Any help? Thanks in advance. Ps. Sorry if my english ar not good

ez.valdez said:

I am using the settings above for the 2 Cell VTC5A's on my 250 set up  and get weak battery too at like 40% Battery life. .28ohm Build at 100w. Does that sound normal?

It depends on the batteries and the low cut off setting, basically the board is seeing at least one of the cells hitting the low cut off under load.  If your batteries are about 3.4 V (guess for 40%) the board would be drawing 15 A and the sag you are seeing is resting battery V - low cut off V.  So if you have a high value for low cut off like 3.09 V 0.21 V sag sounds reasonable, try setting it to something more reasonable for 18650s like 2.8 V.  Dirty or weak battery connections can also cause excessive sag.  Low cut off is for the battery voltage under load (while firing) and not the resting voltage.

Copy, thank you. I have it set to 2.6 and just wanted to make sure that was normal and I wasn't messing it up. hehe

VapingBad said:

It depends on the batteries and the low cut off setting, basically the board is seeing at least one of the cells hitting the low cut off under load.  If your batteries are about 3.4 V (guess for 40%) the board would be drawing 15 A and the sag you are seeing is resting battery V - low cut off V.  So if you have a high value for low cut off like 3.09 V 0.21 V sag sounds reasonable, try setting it to something more reasonable for 18650s like 2.8 V.  Dirty or weak battery connections can also cause excessive sag.  Low cut off is for the battery voltage under load (while firing) and not the resting voltage.

• 2 months later...

Hello :)

This is my first post and I am not sure if this is the correct spot to get the help I need.

However I bought the Therion DNA 166 today and a couple of VTC5A's. I then browse the forum for the battery settings and found this topic but I am unable to download the .csv file from the first page.

My account just got approved (Confirmed on mail) But it still won't allow to download the file. Am I missing something? :)

Again first post from a completely new user on the forum :P