Board Issues - Evolv, fix your stuff

It literally was working fine all last night and for like an hour this morning. I ate my breakfast and when I went to take a hit, nothing. Put a new battery in and the screen comes on, clear as day one, and when I hit the fire button, i got nothing. Holding it in even - the screen just times out like normal. I have over 12k hits on this without an issue. When I go to press the menu buttons, it either locks the device or it auto fires. The mod has never gotten wet, nor has there been any juice interaction.

And what board are you talking about? I bought over 100 DNA mods. I listed over 90 of them in this forum alone. And out of over 100, three boards had the battery management chip fail. I have another one the screen is getting very dim. And that is it in the past 10 years. Sounds like Evolv are doing a very fine job to me.

Edited by BillW50

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2024 at 1:59 PM, CmbtEngr said:

and when I hit the fire button, i got nothing. Holding it in even - the screen just times out like normal. I have over 12k hits on this without an issue. When I go to press the menu buttons, it either locks the device or it auto fires. The mod has never gotten wet, nor has there been any juice interaction.

Is yours working fine now? I think that mod does NOT use the firing button on the board, instead using an external button. Not sure about the 2 smaller buttons, but a wonky fire button would screw things up. Have they actually replaced boards?

EDIT: Both small buttons and the USB connector are on a daughter board. So NO ON-BOARD buttons at all are used.

• Like 1